Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ities in Tampa. He said he was planning t - Off To...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ities in Tampa. He said he was planning t

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/25 02:03AM
Latest post: 2013/07/25 02:03AM, Views: 392, Posts: 1
ities in Tampa. He said he was planning t
#1   2013/07/25 02:03AM
fengzhu
FLORHAM PARK, N. Wholesale Jerseys From China .J. -- Darrelle Revis is feeling better these days, recovering from the concussion that sidelined him Sunday. The New York Jets All-Pro cornerback still isnt sure, though, if hell be back in uniform for the teams next game at Miami. "Im going through the tests and things" Revis said Monday, "and doing what I need to get back and help my team." And the Jets sure could use him after they lost 27-10 to the Pittsburgh Steelers, with the AFC East-rival Dolphins up next. Revis suffered what the team called a "minor concussion" last Sunday in the season opener against Buffalo when he made a diving attempt to tackle the Bills C.J. Spiller and then teammate Bart Scott accidentally kicked him in the head. He said he felt as though he was in "a fog" after he was first hurt, but has gotten progressively better since. He was cleared to participate in non-contact drills Friday, but ruled out for the game. He had been limited to light running and lifting weights earlier in the week. "I feel good," he said. "I feel pretty good. The only way we can figure it out is the things that Im doing test-wise, what the doctors are putting me through. From those results, theyre showing up great, and Ive just got to keep on passing those tests and move forward." Revis needs to be cleared by the team physician and an independent neurological consultant in order to first practice with full contact and then play. Because of the NFL protocol for players with head injuries, coach Rex Ryan cant definitely say hell have Revis back in his secondary on Sunday. "I dont think you can assume that," Ryan said. "He has to -- to the NFL standards -- pass those tests right now. He looks to be doing well, so hopefully he will be playing." The teams characterization of the concussion as "minor" didnt matter to Revis, who is hoping to feel 100 per cent soon. "Any blow to the head, you have to take it serious," he said, adding that he never experienced any sensitivity to light or other usual side effects. "Mild, severe, whatever it could be, its still a head injury and thats how youve got to look at it." Revis said one day of the testing might be better than the previous day, so he has had to be patient during the process. It is the first concussion he suffered at any level of football. He was replaced in the starting defence by Kyle Wilson, who had a solid game in his absence. But, Revis is considered by many to be the best cornerback in the league, a player who changes offensive game plans because of how he shuts down opposing wide receivers. The Jets clearly missed his presence against the Steelers speedy trip of Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders. "I really wanted to be out there to play with my teammates," Revis said. "You know, looking at the tape, theres things we did that we can easily correct. Not taking anything away from the Steelers, who are a great team. But theres things we need to clean up on our end for us to be better." Throughout the last week, Revis has spoken several times to teammate Eric Smith, who has missed time during his career after suffering a few concussions. "Weve been joking around a little bit, not to say this isnt a serious matter," Revis said, "but I would always joke (in the past) with Smitty and say, Get back because we need you. Now, hes saying that to me." Ryan had no injury updates on fullback John Conner, who appeared to sprain his right knee for the second straight game, or tight end Dustin Keller and linebacker Bryan Thomas, who missed the game with hamstring injuries. Quarterback Mark Sanchez took a helmet-to-helmet hit from Lawrence Timmons early in the game, but remained in the game. Ryan said there was no concern that Sanchez might have suffered a head injury, although he said he had "no idea" if he had concussion-related tests after the game or on Monday. "Ive been in meetings the whole day, so Im not sure," Ryan said. "I thought he was engaged on the sideline. I thought he seemed to be sharp on the sideline." Wholesale Jerseys Cheap . Max Kruse gave visiting Freiburg a 1-0 lead in the 50th minute, scoring with an angled shot from a rebound after Kevin Trapp had saved Sebastian Freis initial effort. Wholesale Jerseys USA . Impressive? You bet. Surprising? Not really. But how about this: Dale Earnhardt Jr. left the Indianapolis Motor Speedway with the Sprint Cup Series points lead. http://pavansukhdev.org/whole... . 15 or in any other game. He also said its a towel, not a substance, being investigated by the NFL. Turner was reacting Monday to an investigation by the NFL into whether the Chargers used a banned sticky substance during a 35-24 loss to Peyton Manning and the Broncos in which San Diego blew a 24-0 halftime lead. [url=http://pavansukhdev.org/wholesalejerseys.html]Wholesale Jerseys .D. -- North Dakotas rich college hockey history includes seven national championships, plenty of state pride -- and a decades-old dispute over the Fighting Sioux nickname. Wholesale Jerseys Paypal .ca NFL Editor Justin Boone runs down the top waiver wire pickups with a focus on the coming week and the rest of the season. TAMPA, Fla. -- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers traded tight end Kellen Winslow to the Seattle Seahawks for a draft pick on Monday night and signed former Colts star Dallas Clark to replace him. Earlier in the day, Winslow told SiriusXM radio that first-year coach Greg Schiano was "kind of upset" that Winslow has not been working out with the team during the off-season. "Thats kind of shocking, but thats what it is," Winslow said, adding that Schiano told him the coach "would help me out with a trade." Winslow has been one of Tampa Bays best offensive players since being acquired from Cleveland in a trade three years ago. He had 77 receptions for 884 yards and five touchdowns in 2009, 66 catches for 730 yards and five TDs in 2010 and 75 receptions for 763 yards and two TDs in 2011. Tampa Bay received a conditional 2013 draft pick in the deal. Winslow will join a tight end unit that already includes Zach Miller, who Seattle gave a big contract last off-season, and promising young prospect Cameron Morrah, who has struggled with injuries early in his career. The Seahawks lost tight end John Carlson in the off-season after he signed with Minnesota. Tampa Bay gets a player who was one of Peyton Mannings favourite targets. Clark, who turns 33 next month, spent nnine seasons with Indianapolis and had 427 career receptions for 4,887 yards and 46 touchdowns. Wholesale Jerseys Supply. Last season, without Manning and limited by injuries to 11 games, Clark had 34 catches for 352 yards and two touchdowns. Winslow, despite a history of injuries and undergoing several knee surgeries during his career, appeared in every game over the past three seasons for Tampa Bay. The 28-year-old was the sixth overall pick in the 2004 draft by the Browns, who sent him to Tampa Bay in exchange for second- and fifth-round draft choices. Winslow has 437 career receptions for 4,836 yards and 23 touchdowns. Winslow said he has been working out near his home in San Diego and missed last weeks initial set of organized team activities in Tampa. He said he was planning to join the team on Monday, but that he got a call from Schiano on Saturday. "He was kind of upset that I wasnt there working out with the team in the off-season and for the first week of OTAs," Winslow said during the interview with SiriusXM. "But Ive been there the last three years and Ive had a successful career so far," he added. "You dont just get rid of one of your best players because of that. ... I dont have nothing bad to say about coach Schiano. It was just a disagreement on why Im not there yet." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes