Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

t last shot, thats really what he gets - Off Topic...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

t last shot, thats really what he gets

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/24 12:03AM
Latest post: 2013/07/24 12:03AM, Views: 431, Posts: 1
t last shot, thats really what he gets
#1   2013/07/24 12:03AM
fengzhu
Faced with the impending defection of its main partner in stock car racing, Dodge has decided to withdraw from NASCAR competition at the end of this season. . The decision announced Tuesday impacts Dodges involvement in both the Sprint Cup Series and Nationwide Series. Penske Racing currently fields two Dodge Chargers in Sprint Cup and two Dodge Challengers in Nationwide, but Penske announced in February that it was switching to Fords for the 2013 season, leaving Dodge in the lurch. Dodge, which earlier this year rebranded itself to SRT Brand and Motorsports, said the Penske move had an impact on the decision. SRT CEO Ralph Gilles said the company had been evaluating all its options for five months before making the decision on Friday. "In the end, we simply couldnt develop the right structure to compete at the level and quality we are accustomed to," Gilles said. "You have no idea how much we feel the pain. Were just as devastated as everybody else." Gilles did not rule out a return to NASCAR in the future and said the companys commitments in racing in Canada and the ARCA series would not change. Among the four manufacturers in the top racing series, Dodge ranks last, though it does have three wins in the first 21 Sprint Cup races, one more than Ford. Chevrolet is in first, followed by Toyota and Ford. Dodge returned to NASCAR competition in 2001 after an absence of nearly a quarter century and currently fields just the two Penske teams, the No. 2 driven by Brad Keselowski and the No. 22 currently being driven by Sam Hornish Jr. Dodge has recorded 215 wins in Sprint Cup, including 55 since 2001, and has been represented in the NASCAR Chase for the Sprint Cup championship seven of the eight seasons the Chase has been staged. "Dodge has been a great partner to NASCAR for many years, and they have been part of numerous memorable moments throughout our history," NASCAR Chairman and CEO Brian France said. "They made a business decision not to return in 2013, as they did in 1977 before returning in 2001. We wish them well and hope they again will choose to return to NASCAR at a later date." The move by Dodge comes just a week after NASCAR announced that it had approved the new Sprint Cup Series race car designs for next season for all four automakers running the series. The new Dodge Charger, Chevrolet SS, Ford Fusion and Toyota Camry designs met the necessary targets for approval based on final aerodynamic tests last month. The cars will make their racing debut at Daytona International Speedway next February. But things have fallen apart since that day in early March when hundreds of fans leaned in to get a glimpse when Dodge lifted the cover off its 2013 Sprint Cup car at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Dodge had been working on the car for two years and was caught off-guard by the Penske announcement, which sent the manufacturer scrambling to find a major team to drive a car it spent so much time creating. Still, Dodges efforts for 2013 were regarded as a positive sign for its continued involvement in the sport, making Tuesdays announcement that much more painful. "This is pretty huge," said former crew chief Larry McReynolds, now a television analyst. "This isnt years ago when NASCAR had several different manufacturers and if one had pulled out, it wouldnt have been so noticeable. But in 2012, we only have four, and with one less this news doesnt make the right statement about the sport. Anytime a major sponsor of any kind, whether a manufacturer, primary team sponsor or series sponsor packs up and goes home, it doesnt look good for NASCAR." "Symbolically, this is a very big deal," longtime motorsports journalist Dave Despain said. "It comes at a very bad time, and its a kick in the gut to loyal Dodge fans." Penske Racing has been with Dodge since 2003, winning 29 races in Sprint Cup along with Keselowskis 2010 Nationwide championship. Robby Gordon is the only other driver competing with Dodge, and hes only entered three races this season. Dodge had a deep stable of teams and drivers until the economic downturn left it with Penske as its only major team since 2009. Gilles said the company would continue its strong support of Penske for the rest of the season, and Keselowski is a real threat to challenge for the Sprint Cup title. He has three victories, tied for tops in the series, and is a solid seventh in the points standings with five races to go before the 10-race Chase begins. "We are doing well," Gilles said. "Im really, really proud of what Brad has accomplished. Its getting really interesting. "It would be almost a fairy tale story to leave on the highest note possible." [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-justin-blalock-jersey-i... Blalock Jersey . Olts pinch-hit RBI single with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning scored Nelson Cruz with the winning run in the Rangers 2-1 victory over the Detroit Tigers on Saturday night. . -- New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis says the club has agreed to terms on a five-year contract with free agent linebacker David Hawthorne. [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-tony-gonzalez-jersey-un... . The former UNLV player had nine birdies, an eagle -- on the 341-yard, par-4 15th -- and a bogey in perfect conditions at TPC Summerlin to take a one-stroke lead in the Fall Series opener. [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-matt-bryant-jersey-ub-9... Bryant Jersey .s Sebastien Michaud lost his first match of the mens -80kg taekwondo competition, falling to Armen Yeremyan of Armenia 8-4 on Day 14 at London 2012. Falcons Jersey . "Personally, do I feel like Im an All-Star? I dont think so," Darvish said through his translator Friday. "And Im also hearing theres a possibility that I might start an All-Star game, and to me thats totally out of context.INDIANAPOLIS -- The Pacers wont be double-teaming Dwyane Wade. Thanks to Paul George, they dont feel that will be necessary. George, a 6-foot-9 guard, made a name for himself last year as a rookie when he challenged Derrick Rose in the first round of the playoffs. Now, hell face Wade, one of the leagues quickest players, in the second round of this years playoffs. Hell get a chance to see how far hes come, starting with the opener Sunday in Miami. "Im going in with the same mindset," George said. "Hes a good player, but hes human. Hes liable for turnovers, and I can just get the pressure and make it tough for him this series." George spent most of the first half of last season on Jim OBriens bench. When Frank Vogel took over as coach at midseason, George got more playing time. He wowed crowds with his acrobatic dunks and highlight-reel blocks, creating a buzz with his enormous potential. Georges success against Rose last year gave him a boost heading into the off-season. He improved his shot, put on muscle and studied. "For him to grow toward the end of last year and have a strong performance in the playoffs against Derrick Rose, I think, just brought him back this season with a great deal of confidence," Vogel said. "He had a number of steps along the way this year where he had strong defensive performances, and quite frankly, in my mind, it puts him among the best wing defenders in the league." George knows he cant slip if hes going to defend Wade. He also realizes hes going to need to attackk on offence so Wade will have to expend energy on defence. [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-harry-douglas-jersey-wu... Douglas Jersey[/url]. Hes got the talent to make Wade sweat: George averaged 12.1 points per game and shot 39 per cent from 3-point range this season after averaging 7.8 points and shooting 30 per cent from the 3-point line last year. "This series is really where I cant have a night where Im not aggressive," George said. George also will need to be smart. He must deal with Wades veteran knowledge as well as his quickness, aggressiveness and strength. "Its going to be a good test for him," Vogel said. "Hes a very young player, but hes come a long way with his defensive capabilities. Hes got instincts you cant teach, great length and athleticism. Its going to be a good matchup against Dwyane Wades savvy and shot faking and all that stuff." There have been challenges for George this season. Wade got the best of him, getting him up in the air and scoring on a circus shot at the end of overtime on March 11 for the game winner with 0.1 seconds left. "That last shot, thats really what he gets paid for, that shot right there," George later said. "He gave me his all." George, who often has demonstrated the ability to grasp things quickly, gets a chance to prove he learned from that encounter with Wade. "I think hes ready for it," Indiana forward Danny Granger said. "Paul is an outstanding defender in this league. He covers so much ground. I think this will be a great challenge for him, and I think hell live up to it." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes