Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

eekend and will be re-evaluate - Off Topic Forum. ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

eekend and will be re-evaluate

Started by a123456, 2013/07/22 11:08PM
Latest post: 2013/07/22 11:08PM, Views: 430, Posts: 1
eekend and will be re-evaluate
#1   2013/07/22 11:08PM
a123456
CHICAGO -- Alex Ovechkin is ready to be turned loose again. . The Washington Capitals star was wearing a wide grin Tuesday after learning that the teams new head coach, Adam Oates, has a track record of encouraging offensive play. Thats a distinct departure from the defence-first system preached by previous boss Dale Hunter. "Its not blocking the shots and its not dump and chase," Ovechkin said during the NHLPAs executive board meetings. "Any system that I play I learn a lot. Im an offensive guy, its not a secret to anybody, and Im pretty excited and very happy to hear the Caps signed that kind of guy who likes offence." After learning Oates had been hired, Ovechkin gave him a call of congratulations. The two dont have a history. In fact, all Ovechkin knew of Oates was seeing his sometimes animated displays behind the New Jersey Devils bench. The 49-year-old Oates was one of the NHLs best setup men during his playing career and was credited with helping turn the Devils into a more potent team during two years as an assistant. "I just talked to him briefly and he seems to be a great person," said Ovechkin. "Im looking forward to working with him and again, youre always excited when something big happens with your team. ... "I hope were going to work well and were going to play and were going to win I think." Ovechkin has seen his offensive production dip dramatically the last two seasons. The Capitals captain seemed to be out of favour with Hunter at times during the playoffs, when his ice time dipped as low as 13 minutes per game. The Russian intends to build a strong relationship with the new coach. He hopes it might help him get back to being the most dangerous scorer in the league. "I think coaches and players have to have a good relationship, especially in the kind of situation where we have right now," said Ovechkin. "Its nice." [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/]Ravens Jersey . Andre Hainault, Will Bruin and Kofi Sarkodie each scored second-half goals to give the Houston Dynamo a 3-1 win over D. .J. -- Tim Tebow was surrounded by dozens of cameras and reporters -- a backup quarterback with unmatched star power. [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/autographed-lardarius-webb-jersey-jq... . The Saskatchewan Roughriders signed young guns Colt Brennan, J.T. OSullivan, Levi Brown and Drew Willy this off-season but theyll be vying for backup duty as Chamblin says veteran Darian Durant remains the starter. [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/autographed-pernell-mcphee-jersey-il... McPhee Jersey . The 22-year-old Urso was pronounced dead at 1:50 a.m. Sunday at Grant Medical Center after collapsing at a downtown Columbus bar and restaurant. Franklin County Coroner Jan Gorniak said toxicology tests will not be finalized for four to six weeks. . -- Denise Ramsden outsprinted Olympic teammate Clara Hughes to win the womens road race Friday at the national road cycling championships. CHICAGO -- Brandon Inge knew as soon as he made a diving stop in the seventh inning what was wrong with his shoulder and what he needed to do as quickly as possible. So, he just popped it back into place and stayed in the game Saturday night. Two batters later, he started an inning-ending double play at third base, and then in the eighth he delivered the go-ahead single for the Oakland Athletics in a 9-7 victory over the Chicago White Sox. "I dislocated it. I just had to put it back in the socket," Inge said of his right shoulder that came out of place after he made a diving stop in the seventh on Alex Rios infield single down the third base line. "It might get a little sore tomorrow, but Ill do my best," Inge said. The White Sox went on to score in the seventh on A.J. Pierzynskis RBI single for a 7-6 lead. But Jonny Gomes homered off Matt Thornton (4-8) in the eighth, and after singles by Yoenis Cespedes and Chris Carter, Inge greeted reliever Brett Myers with a go-ahead single into the right field corner. "I guess it just shows two teams that dont want to give up. I like that," Inge said. Inge said he would do what was best for the As on Sunday but hopes to be in the lineup. "I plan on playing. If I feel like Im going to be a detriment to the team, I wont come back in," he said. "If I feel like I have something to offer, Ill play through some pain. Just make sure Im somewhat smart about it." Gomes added an RBI single in the top of the ninth before Grant Balfour pitched the bottom half for his eighth save in 10 chances, his first since May 5. Balfour took the closers role back from Ryan Cook (5-2), who gave up Pierzynskis single in the seventh but got the win. "I was surprised he stayed in the game. He felt like the shoulder may have come out of the socket and went back in," Oakland manager Bob Melvin said of the veteran Inge. "He stayed in, made a great play on the double play and ends up getting what ends up being the biggest hit. We all know hes a very tough guy and can play through a lot of pain." Tyler Flowers homered and had three RBIs and a career-high three hits for the White Sox. [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/autographed-daryl-smith-jersey-ap-16... Smith Jersey. Kevin Youkilis also homered for Chicago and was hit in the left forearm by Balfours pitch in the ninth. Thornton took the blame for the pitch he made to Gomes. "Its really frustrating. Weve been playing well and I didnt do my job," he said. "One-run lead and I thought it was a good idea to throw him a breaking ball. He jumped all over it." Chicago starter Francisco Liriano, who left his previous start after five innings with a bruised right quadriceps, didnt make it out of the fourth this time. He surrendered seven hits and six runs in 3 1-3 innings. He struck out four of the first five batters Saturday before he got in trouble in the third when the As loaded the bases on a single, walk and hit batter. Carter delivered a two-run single, Inge walked to reload the bases, and Derek Norris had a two-run, ground-rule double. Adam Rosales then drove in the fifth run of the inning with a single as Oakland sent 10 batters to the plate. Chicago scored two in the second on an infield out by Dayan Viciedo and an RBI double by Flowers. Josh Reddick had an RBI single for Oakland in the fourth, and Flowers added a run-scoring single for the White Sox in the bottom half. Youkilis hit his 14th homer in the fifth to make it 6-5. It was his 10th since joining the White Sox in a June 24 trade from Boston. Flowers third homer of the season tied it at 6-6 in the sixth. Oaklands Travis Blackley, in his first start since July 29, gave up five runs and six hits in five innings. Notes: Cook has been removed from the closers role, at least temporarily, by Melvin, who said he wanted to get the rookie some work in lower-pressure situations. Cook has converted just two of his last six save opportunities, and 12 of 19 for the season. ... White Sox 1B Paul Konerko will take it easy this weekend and will be re-evaluated by doctors after suffering a concussion earlier this week and being placed on the 7-day DL. Chicago manager Robin Ventura said Konerko wont be on the first part of next weeks trip that starts in Toronto. OF Dewayne Wise was called up from Triple-A to take Konerkos roster spot. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes