Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

asm. Will he put numb - Off Topic Forum. - Count...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

asm. Will he put numb

Started by a123456, 2013/07/22 11:05PM
Latest post: 2013/07/22 11:05PM, Views: 450, Posts: 1
asm. Will he put numb
#1   2013/07/22 11:05PM
a123456
MONTREAL -- Lucian Bute says hes ready for a rematch with Englishman Carl Froch. . The former IBF champion from Montreal was looking for a clear and decisive win in his comeback from a first-career defeat, and while others saw it as a close battle, the ringside judges gave him a 12-round unanimous decision over aggressive Russian Denis Grachev on Saturday night. "Im very happy with my performance against a very tough opponent," said Bute (31-1), who won Grachevs minor NABF light heavywight title. "I took some shots, but he was very aggressive. "It was a good experience for me." The win should set up a rematch in Montreal in March with Froch, who has a tune-up bout Nov. 17 against Yusaf Mack in Sheffield, England. That was where Butes career was put in doubt last May with a crushing fifth-round loss to Froch. Most observers at ringside saw Butes bout with Grachev (12-1-1) as a tight call, and some had the Russian winning on points. But Judge John McKaie of New York had it 115-113, while local judges Jack Woodburn had it 116-112 and Claude Paquette a whopping 118-110. The Canadian Press had it 115-114 for Bute, with one round scored even. Naturally, each fighter felt he won easily. "The judges were unfair," said Grachev, now based in San Diego. "Maybe I lost three or four rounds." Butes trainer Stephan Larouche felt his man perhaps lost four of the 12 rounds. The heavy-hitting Russian, who made his name with an eighth-round TKO win over contender Ismayl Sillakh, was certainly the busier boxer and looked to land more punches overall. Bute fought cautiously, mostly firing punches one at a time. It was only in the 12th that Bute was totally dominant, as he stood in the centre of the ring daring Grachev to hit his chin while firing off lefts. There was question of whether Bute could take a hard shot to the chin after it failed him against Froch, but he was never in serious trouble even if he was backed against the ropes several times. "In the fifth he got me with a good right, but I wasnt in difficulty," the 32-year-old said. "Against Froch, when I was up against the ropes I didnt react, but this time I reacted right away each time and made him pay. I didnt just stand there." Larouche said it was tough for Bute to look good against an awkward opponent who can take a punch and keep attacking. He rated his fighters performance at seven out of 10, which was good under the circumstances. "It was a big night for him," Larouche said. "With what happened in May, he was coming back a long way and the (hard-punching) opponent was difficult when you consider the loss in May." The defeat had cost him the IBF super-middleweight title he had successfully defended nine times since he won it in 2007. Bute also got to bask in the adulation of a hometown crowd. The Bell Centre attendance of 10,122 was down somewhat from his normal draw, but better than was predicted earlier in the week. They roared as he entered the ring and chanted his name throughout the fight. A knock on the Romanian-born fighter is that he almost always fights at home, and his loss to Froch during a rare visit to hostile territory seemed to confirm that. The rematch would be on home ground. "Ever since I lost I wanted a rematch," said Bute. "Ill be happy to get back in the ring with him." The undercard saw a spectacular eight-round victory by former WBC flyweight champion Rodrigo Guerrero (18-4-1) of Mexico over crowd favourite Sebastien Gauthier (22-4). The two traded blows in near non-stop action until the St. Jerome, Que., fighter sagged defenceless in a corner and the scheduled 10-round bout was stopped by the referee. Former super-middleweight contender Allan Green (32-4) was knocked down in the fourth by Renan St. Juste (23-4-1) of Repentigny, Que., but won every other round before winning when his scheduled 10-round light heavyweight bout was stopped by the referee. St. Juste had one eye closed and was bleeding heavily from the nose. Light middleweight Mikael Zewski (17-0), a Trois-Rivieres, Que., native who fights for U.S. promoter Top Rank, ended his eight-rounder with Cesar Chavez (20-3) with a left-right uppercut combination for a knockout 37 seconds into the first round. Light heavyweight Francy NTetu (8-0) of Chicoutimi, Que., stopped Schiller Hippolite (5-1) of Montreal from making faces in the ring by knocking him down in the third en route to a split decision win. There were boos for what looked like a hometown decision for Michael Gadbois (8-0) of St. Hyacinthe, Que., over Mexican veteran Pedro Navarrete (28-17-3), who looked to land more and better shots over four rounds. Big Bogdan Dinu (8-0) of Romania stopped Eric Martel (7-3) of Quebec City in the fourth and final round of their heavyweight contest. And Sebastien Bouchard (4-0) of Quebec City eked past Glissandy Mejia (3-1) of Terrebonne, Que., in a welterweight battle. [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-robert-alford-jersey-bp... Alford Womens Jersey . On his next swing, he launched a ball into orbit. Jones hit a two-run homer in the 12th and the Baltimore Orioles won their eighth straight extra-inning game, beating the Philadelphia Phillies 6-4 Saturday and spoiling B. . According to ESPN, Rivera has signed a one-year deal with an option with the Dodgers. [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-tony-gonzalez-jersey-un... .C. Lions poised to become just the fourth team in league history to win the Grey Cup at home. [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-akeem-dent-jersey-xa-34... Dent Jersey . Louis Cardinals won the World Series last season, but after losing first baseman Albert Pujols to free agency and manager Tony LaRussa to retirement, they opened the 2012 season in 12th spot in the TSN. . Phatlum finished at 13-under 133 in the two-day, 30-player tournament at Itanhanga Golf Club. She had five birdies on the front nine to pull away. "Im so excited today," Phatlum said.Were started up and into the NBA season. Its opening night for the Toronto Raptors this evening and I cant wait! Here are a few quick NBA thoughts for you. 1. LAKERS SECOND UNIT: For all of the hype about the stars in LA this season, a big concern reared its ugly head last night vs. Dallas. Their bench got outscored by 20 points (37-17) and thats got to be a huge concern for coach Mike Brown. An older team with Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant and Ron Artest needs some back up on many nights and this could be a big issue over a long season. If not, youll see their starters playing major minutes and that could lead to injuries/issues into the spring when it really counts for them. Its only one night but its an issue that Id keep my eye on. I still like them to end up being the best when its all said and done in the West but we might have to see some magical personnel move being made to upgrade their bench. 2. ANTHONY DAVIS (Hornets): From what Ive seen of him in the preseason, hes got the look of a Rookie of the Year written all over him. I loved him at Kentucky and feel that he can really shine as the talent level improves around him in New Orleans. He will be an impact guy from Day 1 as a rebounder and shot blocker. His offense will be hit and miss early on and hell get out-muscled many nights. I think you have to match him up as much as you can to the opposing skilled post guy rather than the brute to keep him fresh and effective. Bit of a chess match moving him around. If hes on the court and in that lane - watch out! Hes punching your shot out and snatching loads of 50/50 balls. 3. NYC METROPOLITAN AREA: As most of you know, Im from Brooklyn and I gotta tell ya that Im hurting right now with the devastation of what took place with Hurricane Sandy. I truly feel for those folks there. Lots of family and friends impacted by the storrm. [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-justin-blalock-jersey-i... Blalock Jersey. Thank God that people are OK. Lots of rebuilding to do but they will be back. As we saw with the devastation of 9/11, the folks in that area are resilient and tough as nails. Theyre down but far from out. At Mayor Michael Bloombergs request after damage from the hurricane, Thursdays Knicks-Nets game has been postponed and I fully support the decision. 4. RAY ALLEN AND RASHARD LEWIS (Heat): 29 points combined on 9 of 12 shooting for the newcomers. Masterful moves by president Pat Riley. Veteran guys who totally get it, have played in winning environments and have produced. If you thought twice before about doubling LeBron and D-Wade youll be thinking it through even more now with two more sharpshooters camped out waiting to drill open shots if you dare to leave them open or youre slow rotating and closing out on shooters. Its a preparation nightmare for opposing coaches when you play Miami. Choose your poison. Yes theyve got wonderful talent there, no doubt, but theyve got excellent management and coaching as well. Leadership and vision really matter. 5. ANDERSON VAREJAO (Cavs): Wow! What a performance vs. the Wizards. Nine points, 23 rebounds (12 of them on the offensive boards) and nine assists. Big time night. Hes a live wire out there playing with incredible energy and persistence. Cavs missed him big-time last year due to the injuries and with him healthy, he gives them a little personality and swagger. Love his enthusiasm. Will he put numbers like that up every night? No. But when you have as young a team as they have they need someone to show the way about how hard youve got to play this game every night and to be professional in your approach on every single play. He doesnt take plays off - thats a good example for coach Byron Scott to have. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes