Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

and talked about issues." Asked about wh - Off Top...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

and talked about issues." Asked about wh

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/22 09:09AM
Latest post: 2013/07/22 09:09AM, Views: 459, Posts: 1
and talked about issues." Asked about wh
#1   2013/07/22 09:09AM
fengzhu
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Rest and rehab werent enough to get Greg Jennings back on the field. The Green Bay Packers No. 1 receiver will have surgery next Tuesday to repair a torn abdominal muscle that has kept him out for most of the season. He would not put a timetable on his return, but said recovery from the 20- to 25-minute outpatient procedure is not season-ending. "Honestly, Im over being bummed about it. That took place three, four weeks ago," Jennings said Thursday. "It is what it is. I need to take care of it to 100 per cent, and thats the process Im taking." The two-time Pro Bowler was initially hurt in the closing minutes of the Sept. 9 opener against San Francisco. He sat out the next weeks game against Chicago, and returned to play at Seattle on Sept. 24. But he aggravated the injury against New Orleans, and came out of the Sept. 30 game in the second quarter after a 9-yard touchdown catch, his first of the season. Jennings had hoped the injury would heal with treatment and strength work. But he continued to feel pain when he was in the weight room or tried to run, and feared the injury wasnt improving as hed hoped. When he felt his groin tighten up as he ran off the field after last weekends game in St. Louis, Jennings knew more aggressive treatment was needed. "The trainers have done a great job in the rehabilitation stages to get me to where I am right now," he said. "But now we have to take it a step further." He travelled Wednesday to Philadelphia to see Dr. William Meyers, who specializes in abdominal and groin injuries. "The way he described it to me was simply two people pulling on the end of a rope and it starts to fray. The more tugging, the more fraying, which means the more tearing occurs," Jennings said. "Thats what I have going on." Meyers told Jennings he could have either an injection or surgery. But it would take a few days to see if the injection worked. If it didnt, Jennings would need surgery anyway. "The injection wouldve masked most of the pain, but there was still no guarantee I could go out there and hit that last gear," Jennings said. "Thats the one thing I have to have ... to create more separation. So, theres no sense to me in taking a shot that may or may not work, may take three-days-to-a-week to actually start to work. I could have spent the week rehabbing on a surgery thats going to get me back perfect." Jennings said hell be able to walk out of the procedure, which will be done in Philadelphia. He joked that hell be back in the locker room Wednesday and "you guys will never know." The injury has come at the most inopportune time for Jennings, who is in the last year of his contract. Though hes had 1,000-yard seasons in three of the last four years and is seventh on Green Bays career list with 401 receptions, some believe the Packers will let Jennings go as an unrestricted free. The 29-year-old figures to command a contract averaging more than $10 million per season and, with quarterback Aaron Rodgers, outside linebacker Clay Matthews and defensive tackle B.J. Raji needing extensions, there might not be enough money to go around. The Packers are probably deeper at receiver than any other position, too, and Jordy Nelson, James Jones and Randall Cobb have all had big performances in Jennings absence. Nelson had three touchdown catches against Houston, and has had back-to-back 100-yard receiving games. Jones caught two TD passes in three straight games, tying a franchise record. Cobb followed his first 100-yard receiving game, against Houston, with a pair of touchdown receptions against St. Louis. "Free agency will take care of itself," Jennings said. "Hopefully, Ive put on film certain plays that Im able to make and showcase my talents. ... Right now, I have to take care of myself and do whats best for me." And that is to have surgery. Asked if he wishes hed made this decision earlier, Jennings said its pointless to think about. "You always wish youd done things differently once it didnt work," he said. "But the past is the past. You cant live in the past, you cant change the past. Time keeps on ticking. So right now, the decision and the choice that were going with is going to get me back to 100 per cent." Notes: DT B.J. Raji, who has missed the last two games with a bad ankle, was able to practice on a limited basis Thursday. "I thought he looked good," coach Mike McCarthy said. "He was jumping around there, looked like old self." ... McCarthy said he thinks backup DE Mike Neal, who injured his knee against the Rams, will be able to play in Sundays game against Jacksonville. ... With so many players banged up -- the Packers had 13 players on Thursdays injury report -- McCarthy is cutting practices short this week. "You dont want to stress your team while getting ready for a game," he said. Wholesale NFL Jerseys .A. Dickey to close out a trade with the New York Mets for the veteran right-hander. General manager Alex Anthopoulos pitched his vision of what the Blue Jays would be now and in the future. Wholesale Jerseys Paypal . -- Denise Ramsden outsprinted Olympic teammate Clara Hughes to win the womens road race Friday at the national road cycling championships. http://herownblog.com/wholesal... . They got it Tuesday night as Adam Lind and Jose Bautista combined for RBIs in Torontos 7-3 win over the Tampa Bay Rays. [url=http://herownblog.com/wholesale-jerseys-usa/]Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping . The Rangers were forced to come back from a 3-2 series deficit to topple the eighth-seeded Ottawa Senators in the conference quarterfinals. New York ultimately won Thursdays Game 7 by a 2-1 score in regulation to advance into the second round for the first time since 2008. Wholesale Jerseys USA . The Winnipeg Goldeyes overcame an early 2-0 deficit to beat the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks 4-2 Wednesday night before 2,178 fans at Newman Outdoor Field. NEW YORK -- Toronto Blue Jays manager John Farrell plans to have a talk with Yunel Escobar before the shortstop is eligible to return from a three-game suspension on Friday night and said hes had past discussions with him regarding "baseball things." Escobar was given the penalty for wearing eye-black displaying an anti-gay slur written in Spanish during a game last weekend against Boston. He apologized and said he meant it to be a joke. "As this event unfolded, I think he began to get an understanding of the scope of it. That wasnt the case at the time," Farrell said Thursday. "Otherwise, Im hopeful he wouldnt have even thought of doing this. Unfortunately were having to deal with it. Yunel and everyone else in this uniform has had to deal with it. And it hasnt made anybody happy. I can honestly tell you that." Escobar serveed the penalty during a three-game series against the New York Yankees and can get back on the field for Fridays series opener at Tampa Bay.dddddddddddd "Im expecting that we will sit down with him, or I will sit down with him tomorrow," Farrell said. "And I can tell you this wont be the first time weve sat down and talked about issues." Asked about what issues, Farrell said only "just some baseball things" and "baseball things." Toronto doesnt play at home until Sept. 27 against the Yankees. Escobar will take part in an outreach initiative to promote tolerance to others based on their sexual orientation, and participate in a sensitivity training program. "We cant fully replicate what lies ahead," Farrell said. "But I think hes got a better understanding that he went over the line." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes