Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ic gold medallists with Philadelphia-are - Off Top...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ic gold medallists with Philadelphia-are

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/22 09:07AM
Latest post: 2013/07/22 09:07AM, Views: 407, Posts: 1
ic gold medallists with Philadelphia-are
#1   2013/07/22 09:07AM
fengzhu
(Sports Network) - Coming off a tough last-second loss to the NBA-best San Antonio Spurs, the two-time defending champion Los Angeles Lakers will try to suppress their recent woes tonight in the opener of a seven-game road trip against the New Orleans Hornets in the Big Easy. Wholesale Jerseys China . Los Angeles is 15-8 as the visitor this season and will also visit the Grizzlies, Celtics, Knicks, Magic, Bobcats and Cavaliers on the trip. It is coming off Thursdays 89-88 loss to the Spurs in which Antonio McDyess putback off a Tim Duncan missed jumper just beat the buzzer and sent the Lakers to their third loss in four tries. Pau Gasol led LA with 19 points and Kobe Bryant added 16, 10 assists and nine rebounds in a losing effort. The Lakers shot 43 percent from the floor and had an 88-87 lead with 22.7 seconds left in the game after two Gasol free throws. Too many opportunities at the end of the game. They had four attempts. It cost us, said Lakers head coach Phil Jackson. The Lakers are still alone in the Pacific Division, but lately have been a lightning rod to criticism. They are 5-5 in the last 10 games and got 16 points from Lamar Odom in the recent setback. Center Andrew Bynum returned to the floor after missing Tuesdays game against Houston with a bone bruise in his left knee. He had 10 points, 10 boards and a career-high six assists. Meanwhile, the Hornets will shoot for their seventh straight win at home tonight in the opener of a quick residency versus the Lakers and Timberwolves. New Orleans is an impressive 20-5 on the bayou this season. New Orleans has lost three of four games since a season-high 10-game winning streak and sustained a 104-93 loss to the Thunder the last time out on Wednesday in Oklahoma City. Kevin Durant stung the Hornets for 43 points, while David West finished with 20 points and 15 boards for the guests. Chris Paul played through a sprained left ankle and tallied 15 points and five assists. Paul, who is listed as probable for tonights game, was voted by fans as a starting guard for the 2011 NBA Western Conference All-Star squad. It seemed like we couldnt defend anyone but then again Durant just had one of those nights, Hornets coach Monty Williams said. I thought a couple of our guys started hanging their heads when he hit some of those shots. Jason Smith, whos been starting for injured center Emeka Okafor, delivered six points and four rebounds in defeat. Hell be making his seventh start of his career and fourth this season tonight. The Hornets have won 899 games as a franchise and need one more for the 900th victory in team history. They are 18-1 when holding opponents under 100 points at home this season. LA has beaten New Orleans twice this season and has won five of the last six matchups between the teams. The Lakers have won seven of 11 and 12 of their last 17 contests in the Big Easy. Wholesale Jerseys . Hutchinson hurt his knee last week in a 24-10 loss to Houston and will have surgery Thursday. He becomes the fourth of Tennessees five starting offensive linemen at the start of training camp placed on injured reserve with only left tackle Michael Roos still active. Wholesale Jerseys USA . The latest to go was eighth-seeded Olga Govortsova, who was beaten by 18-year-old Canadian Eugenie Bouchard 1-6, 6-0, 6-3. http://herownblog.com/wholes... . Hightower, who was returning from knee surgery, was one of 23 players trimmed from the roster as the Redskins head into the regular season opener against the New Orleans Saints on Sept. [url=http://herownblog.com/wholesale-jerseys-china/]Wholesale Jerseys Online . But how? What had changed from one week to the next? Or is that the Ticats defence is just that average at stopping the run? When you consider the Stampeders started a right tackle in JMichael Deane who had previously only played right tackle during his years at Michigan State, and a left guard in Spencer Wilson who was making his first pro start after coming from the Calgary Colts junior football program in Alberta, 170 yards is a lot. Wholesale Jerseys Supply . Greg Mohns, who earned Grey Cup rings in separate stints as an executive with the Toronto Argonauts, died Wednesday of throat cancer. PHILADELPHIA -- Kyle Kendrick has found his rhythm -- and maybe a secure spot in the Phillies rotation. Kendrick pitched effectively for 6 2-3 innings and Jimmy Rollins drove in a pair of runs to lead the Philadelphia Phillies to a 4-2 victory over the Washington Nationals on Friday night. Kendrick (7-9), one of seven pitchers used by Philadelphia, allowed four hits and struck out three to help the Phillies win for the fifth time in the last seven games. It was the third straight win for Kendrick, who has been bounced between the bullpen and starting rotation throughout his Phillies career. "He pitched real good, changed speeds and had control of the game," Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said. "That goes to show you when you get focused and apply yourself, good things can happen. "Hes always had to fight to survive. Hes proved he can pitch." Asked about remaining in the rotation into next season, Kendrick said, "Thats not my call. I just try go out there and give us a chance to win." One key to the right-handers success of late has been working quickly on the mound. "When he gets in a good rhythm, he moves the tempo and is in control of the game," Manuel said. "He can command the ball about where he wants to. Hes relaxed more and his confidence is big." Tyler Moore homered for Washington, which lost its second straight. Moore snapped Kendricks 21 2/3 innings scoreless streak with a two-out, two-run homer in the seventh. Kendrick retired the first two batters in the frame before walking Kurt Suzuki. Moore, pinch-hitting for Edwin Jackson, launched an 0-1 sinker into the seats in left to pull Washington within 3-2. "After I took a strike I was looking for something to hit," Moore said. "I was trying to be aggressive. I know hes a good pitcher. I put the barrel of the bat on the ball and it went out. Fortunately I got a pitch I could handle." Jackson (11-8) gave up three runs on seven hits with eight strikeouts and two walks in six innings to fall to 0-4 with a 5.32 ERA in four career starts against Philadelphia. "Jackson was all over the place but he had pretty good stuff and kept us in the game," Washington manager Davey Johnson said. Jonathan Papelbon earned his 28th save in 31 chances with a scoreless ninth to preserve the win for Kendrick. "My confidence has always been there," Kendrick saidd.dddddddddddd "Im just trusting my stuff, knowing how I am and trusting it." Said Johnson, "He moves the ball around very well and doesnt give in to anybody." Rollins gave the Phillies a 3-0 lead in the fourth when he lined an opposite-field, two-out single to left off Jackson to score John Mayberry Jr. and Laynce Nix, who barely beat the tag of Suzuki with an elusive head-first slide at the Chase Utleys RBI single in the first had given Philadelphia a 1-0 lead. The Phillies were positioned to add on to the lead, with runners on first and third and no outs, but Ryan Howard struck out and Domonic Brown grounded into an inning-ending double play. The Phillies used four pitchers in a scoreless eighth inning. Antonio Bastardo started the frame with a strikeout of Bryce Harper and was followed by Josh Lindblom, who walked Ryan Zimmerman. Raul Valdes then relieved Lindblom and surrendered a single to Roger Bernadina before striking out Adam LaRoche. With two outs and runners on first and second, B.J. Rosenberg followed Valdes and struck out Jayson Werth to end the frame. "We had the right guys up at the right time, but just couldnt get it done," Johnson said. The Phillies padded their lead in the bottom of the inning. Utley walked, stole second and scored on Howards single to right that put Philadelphia up 4-2. Michael Morse left the game in the first inning with a contusion on his right hand after being hit by a Kendrick pitch. X-rays were negative, but Johnson said Morse probably would miss "a few days." Ian Desmond was a late scratch due to a right hamstring injury suffered in Wednesdays game against Atlanta. Desmond, who was replaced at shortstop by Danny Espinosa, was available to pinch-hit. Johnson said he is day-to-day. Notes: The Phillies honoured four Olympic gold medallists with Philadelphia-area ties in a pregame ceremony, as soccer stars Heather Mitts and Carli Lloyd joined Jordan Burroughs (wrestling) and Susan Francia (rowing) to throw out ceremonial first pitches. . Philadelphia placed catcher Brian Schneider on the 15-day DL and recalled Steven Lerud from Double-A Reading. . Phillies right-hander Roy Halladay (7-7, 3.95) is scheduled to face Washington left-hander Gio Gonzalez (16-6, 3.23) in the second game of the three-game set at 7:05 Saturday night. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes