Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

re toppling over the Heat goalie. Jus - Off Topic ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

re toppling over the Heat goalie. Jus

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/22 09:05AM
Latest post: 2013/07/22 09:05AM, Views: 377, Posts: 1
re toppling over the Heat goalie. Jus
#1   2013/07/22 09:05AM
fengzhu
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Justin Meram scored in the 89th minute to give the Columbus Crew a 1-0 victory over Chivas USA on Wednesday night. Peyton Manning Signed Jersey . The Crew (13-10-6) broke a two-game losing streak to move into fifth in the Eastern Conference, a point ahead of D.C. United for the final playoff spot. Columbus has five matches left, D.C. has six. Meram, who entered in the 80th minute, put in a headed back pass from Jairo Arrieta after Arrieta was denied by goalkeeper Dan Kennedy. The rebound came back to Arrieta and he lunged to get the ball to Meram for his fourth goal of the season. "Good job by Jairo," Meram said. "I just saw it bounce out and I just wanted to connect it and I hit it with pace. I didnt want to place it and after that, I was fortunate it went in." The play started with another second half substitute, Tony Tchani, feeding Federico Higuain on the left flank. "I was trying to go toward the goal but it was kind of crowded and I saw Federico wide," Tchani said. "I kind of opened myself and he saw me." Crew coach Robert Warzycha had exhausted all three subs with 10 minutes left in order to spark a badly needed win. "The first half didnt go our way. We were disconnected. We couldnt make any passes stick," he said. "Sometimes the game doesnt go your way and you have to change something." Chivas (7-14-7) is 0-6-2 in the past eight games and has lost four straight. The defeat was a microcosm of the season according to coach Robin Fraser, who watched the match from the stands because of a one-game ban. "I really thought in the first half we put together some really good things," he said. "We were quite dangerous. Its frustrating to not to continue to play as well then obviously put ourselves behind the eight-ball." Broncos Autographed Jerseys . Although Canada boasts a healthy roster comprised of its top players and the South Africans have been depleted by injury, the home favourite isnt taking anything for granted with a spot in the World Group at stake starting Friday. Von Miller Signed Jersey .C., Barbara Jardin of Montreal and Audrey Lacroix of Pont-Rouge, Que. http://broncosjerseys.ucigreeks.com/[/... . The Dodgers acquired first baseman Adrian Gonzalez, pitcher Josh Beckett and injured outfielder Carl Crawford from Boston on Saturday, hoping to boost their playoff hopes by taking on the underperforming and high-priced stars who failed to thrive in a fractious Red Sox clubhouse. [url=http://broncosjerseys.ucigreeks.com/]Denver Broncos Jerseys . -- The Miami Heat got another glimpse at how difficult it is every night when youre the defending NBA champion. Peyton Manning Womens Jersey . The Togo striker spent most of last season on loan at White Hart Lane, scoring 17 goals in the Premier League, after falling out of favour at City.TORONTO -- Flight attendants could be serving as referees when the Marlies and Heat head to Abbotsford for Game 3 of the Western Conference semifinals. The two teams are sharing a flight a day after the Marlies defeated the Heat 5-1 Thursday night in a game that ended with a chaotic 10 minutes filled with fighting majors, a game misconduct, and eight minor penalties. Nazem Kadri had a goal and two assists and Ben Scrivens made 37 saves as Toronto tied the best-of-seven American Hockey League semi at a game apiece. Game 3 is Saturday. "They might bring some air marshals on the flight just to make sure," said Marlies defenceman Korbinian Holzer jokingly. "Whats on the ice is on the ice and whats off the ice is off the ice." Kadri rounded out Torontos scoring with an empty-net goal with eight and a half minutes remaining. Abbotsford made the unorthodox move of going without a goalie when they were on a power play from about the midway mark of the third, and Kadri took advantage. "To be honest, I didnt even know the net was empty when I got the puck," said Kadri. "I picked up my head and saw the open cage so it was pretty easy." Matt Frattins goal late in the first period was the game-winner. Ryan Hamilton had Torontos first goal while Jerry DAmigo, with his AHL post-season leading sixth goal, and Holzer scored in the second. Scrivens was impressive, especially in the first period when he made a number of fine glove saves with the game still close. "His game was stellar tonight," said Jon Rheault, who scored the lone goal for Abbotsford. "We had our chances and we put up a lot of shots. He came up big for them. At times youve got to say he played well and we can admit that but at the same time well just keep going with it." Scrivens also had to deal with Torontos penalty trouble. Abbotsford was 0-for-10 in the power play, including a two-man advantage on three separate occasions. "As good as the score looked, we could have easily let them get back into the game and thats the part we neeed to address from this point forward," said Scrivens. Broncos Womens Jerseys. "Obviously you take the win, its tough to do in the playoffs so were happy that we got the win but weve got some lessons to learn." Rheault opened the scoring with his third playoff goal, but that was all the offence the Heat would get. Danny Taylor took made 24 saves in the loss. Rheault opened the scoring at 10:03 of the first. After Ben Walter had his close-range shot from the left side kicked away by Scrivens, Rheault was in the perfect place on the right side to bank in the rebound into the open goal. Hamilton tied the game with a goal from in close at 15:15 before Frattin scored his second of the series in the final minute, giving Toronto a lead it would not relinquish. While Taylor was sharp in Game 1 as Abbotsford picked up the win, he looked shaky on Thursday and the 6,244 fans in attendance jumped all over him. Marlies fans chanted his name loudly and even cheered ironically when he would play the puck or make a save. "Maybe sometimes for goalies its just hard to pick up," said Heat head coach Troy Ward. "Maybe pay the light bill here and get it a little brighter in here, it might be a little easier to make a save." Ward added hes not certain whether or not a goaltending change is in order for Game 3. DAmigo showed off his penchant for crashing the net just over two minutes into the second period. Kadri led a rush up the right wing before firing a shot on Taylor, then DAmigo charged hard to the net and put in the rebound before toppling over the Heat goalie. Just 1:53 after DAmigos goal, Holzer got his first of the post-season and gave Toronto a much needed cushion. Mike Zigomanis fed the blue-liner a pass from the right corner and Taylor could do nothing to stop Holzers quick shot. Notes: Abbotsford won both home games against the Marlies in the regular season... Those two games concluded the regular season for both clubs... the loss also snapped an 11-game winning streak for the Heat in the regular season and playoffs. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes