Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

://www.falconsofficialteamstore - Off Topic Forum....

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

://www.falconsofficialteamstore

Started by a123456, 2013/07/21 10:10PM
Latest post: 2013/07/21 10:10PM, Views: 463, Posts: 1
://www.falconsofficialteamstore
#1   2013/07/21 10:10PM
a123456
CARSON, Calif. . -- David Beckham thinks the Los Angeles Galaxy put themselves in a solid position to defend their MLS title with a win in their regular-season finale. Hurting the Seattle Sounders playoff plans was just a small bonus. Mike Magee scored on a pass from Robbie Keane in the 83rd minute, and the Galaxy kept the Sounders in third place in the Western Conference with a 1-0 victory Sunday night. Josh Saunders earned his ninth shutout for the champs, who head into the post-season as the Wests fourth seed after four largely outstanding months of play. A poor start to the season left the star-studded Galaxy playing catch-up in the West, but they might be gaining fast. "Weve put ourselves in a good position," said Beckham, who played 62 minutes in his first match in three weeks. "It was important to get a good result tonight, get a few minutes, and now the big one is Thursday." The Galaxy already knew theyll host the fifth-seeded Vancouver Whitecaps on Thursday night in a one-game knockout playoff. Los Angeles still played to win, putting Beckham and Landon Donovan in the starting lineup after lengthy injury absences. "We wanted to get some rhythm and some continuity heading into the playoffs," said Donovan, who played the entire game. The loss was a missed opportunity for Seattle, which remained stuck in third in the West with 56 points, allowing Real Salt Lake to finish second with 57. A win or tie would have put the Sounders into the second playoff slot, but now Salt Lake will host the second game of their two-game conference semifinal, the more advantageous position in the home-and-home series. The third-place finish also might have CONCACAF Champions League ramifications for the Sounders down the road. "I think were ready for the playoffs," Seattle coach Sigi Schmid said. "Tonight is going to be a good motivator. When you get slapped at the end of the season, it reminds you how it feels, and how you dont want that feeling again." The loss became doubly painful for the Sounders after forward Eddie Johnson left late in the first half with an apparent hamstring injury. Johnson, who leads Seattle with 14 goals, will have an MRI on Monday. "I made a couple of long runs earlier in the game, and my hammy kind of tightened up on me," Johnson said. "I felt a big cramp in my hamstring, and I know what that feels like. Theres definitely something there." After a lively game featuring numerous near-misses by both offences, Magee scored from just outside the penalty area when the Sounders left him unmarked. Magee easily converted a pass from Keane, who capped his standout second half of the season with several near-goals and the decisive assist. "Momentum-wise, its huge," Magee said. "You always see the teams that are doing well at the end of the season doing well in the playoffs. You always want to do well against a team, we hope were going to be seeing in the playoffs in a couple of weeks." Magees goal was just the 15th allowed in 21 games by Michael Gspurning, the Sounders Austrian goalie. Seattle allowed just 33 goals this season, fewest in the West. Brad Evans appeared to score a tying goal in the final seconds of injury time, but teammate Fredy Montero was called for a handball an instant earlier while down in front of the net. Los Angeles avoided a three-game season series sweep by the Sounders, who havent beaten the Galaxy at Home Depot Center since 2009. Donovan missed the Galaxys last MLS match with a bone bruise on his left knee, and Beckham also sat out to rest his sore left ankle. Neither star had played in a match since Oct. 6. Beckham and Keane missed scoring strikes by a few inches in the first half, both curling shots just outside the post. Keane nearly scored on a leaping volley off a sharp cross from Donovan in the 41st minute. Keane barely missed the net again in the 46th, chipping a shot just wide over Gspurning. He put another beautiful shot just off the crossbar in the 53rd minute, freezing Gspurning as he watched the high-arcing ball go over his head. Lakers forward Pau Gasol, comedian Russell Brand, chef Gordon Ramsay and Victoria Beckham attended the game. [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-steven-jackson-jersey-h... Jackson Falcons Jersey . -- Rudy Gay re-entered a close game with about five minutes left and ended the Denver Nuggets hopes of earning a win on the second night of back-to-back games. . The current three-year agreement expires after this season and over the next three-year period, the four Atlantic University Sport football teams will once again play one interlock game each season, home or away, while each RSEQ school will play two games over the three-year agreement, one home and one away. [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-tony-gonzalez-jersey-un... . "Were not setting a timeline," Bettman said Wednesday night. "Were dealing with it, and were continuing to pursue a solution and reach a point where we conclude we cant reach a solution, well deal with it. [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-robert-mcclain-jersey-p... McClain Jersey . Both the team and Darvish said Wednesday there is nothing physically wrong with the 25-year-old right-hander. Darvish was scheduled to start Friday, but rookie Martin Perez will take his place. . The Eagles confirmed the injury Monday. Peters was already out indefinitely and is likely to miss the 2012 season. A five-time Pro Bowl selection, Peters is widely considered one of the best offensive linemen in the NFL.HOBART, Australia -- Mona Barthel of Germany extended her defence of the Hobart International title to the semifinals after beating Tsvetana Pironkova of Bulgaria 6-3, 6-3 on Thursday. Barthel will play Kirsten Flipkens next after the Belgian beat Monica Niculescu of Romania 2-6, 6-4, 6-0. Eighth-seeded Sloane Stephens advanced by downing fellow American and qualifier Lauren Davis 6-3, 4-6, 7-5 in the quarterfinals. Stephens will play Elena Vesnina of Russia in Fridays other semifinal. Vesnina played better in windy conditions to top wild card Jarmila Gajdosova of Australiia 6-3, 6-2. [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-jacquizz-rodgers-jersey... Rodgers Jersey. "I had to be smart and in the wind you have to use it like a weapon," Vesnina said. Barthel said shes "improved a lot" since she won her first only WTA title as a qualifier in Hobart a year ago. "I feel like I learned so much last year, playing all these tournaments and against the top players," Barthel said. "My serve has got better and I feel like my groundstrokes are better ... but maybe a little more confidence this year." The final is scheduled for Saturday at the Domain Tennis Centre. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes