Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

. "Its a funny feeling because - Off Topic Forum. ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

. "Its a funny feeling because

Started by a123456, 2013/07/21 10:08PM
Latest post: 2013/07/21 10:08PM, Views: 485, Posts: 1
. "Its a funny feeling because
#1   2013/07/21 10:08PM
a123456
ANTALYA, Turkey -- Korea captured the world womens amateur team golf title Sunday, becoming biennial events first repeat champion since 1990. . Korea claimed the Espirito Santo Trophy with a 13-under, 563 total. The U.S. was the first to win consecutive titles in 1988 and 90. Canada finished seventh, six shots off the pace. "We were in the mix all week and each of our players contributed to a fantastic team effort," said Canadian team coach Tristan Mullally. "I am super proud of how they have gone about their business. "Although the finish was not what we were hoping for, it bodes well for the future." Jennifer Kirby of Paris, Ont., Augusta James of Bath, Ont., and Brooke Henderson of Smiths Falls, Ont., both shot a 1-under 71 on Sunday. Augusta James of Bath, Ont., shot an even-par, 72. James was the top Canadian, finishing 12th overall with a 2-under, 286 total. Henderson finished tied for 18th with a 1-under, 287 total while Kirby was tied for 29th at 2-over, 290. 15:19ET 30-09-12 [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-matt-ryan-jersey-ye-71.... Ryan Jersey . Danny Willett, Chris Wood and Paul McGinley each shot 7-under 65s and are tied for third at Golf Club Gut Larchenhof. The German contingent was led by former world No. . -- Kenny Perry and Sean OHair birdied five of the last six holes to win the Franklin Templeton Shootout on Sunday. [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-sean-weatherspoon-jerse... . Phatlum finished at 13-under 133 in the two-day, 30-player tournament at Itanhanga Golf Club. She had five birdies on the front nine to pull away. "Im so excited today," Phatlum said. [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-jacquizz-rodgers-jersey... Rodgers Womens Jersey . The 18-year-old Schalke midfielder is the only surprise in Loews 27-man squad. "Draxler is a player with huge potential," Loew said. "Hes good in one-on-one situations and hes very quick. . After losing back-to-back games, the Kings might have been feeling some pressure coming home for Game Six, their series lead suddenly in jeopardy, but the game tilted midway through the first period when Devils right winger Steve Bernier received a major penalty and game misconduct for boarding, after he flattened Kings defenceman Rob Scuderi with a hit from behind.MARANA, Ariz. -- Tiger Woods must be mellowing with age. There was a time when a comment from his opponent in the Match Play Championship, even tongue-in-cheek, would be an extra bit of motivation Woods didnt need. Most famous at this event was in 2006, when Calgarys Stephen Ames was asked about playing Woods and said anything could happen, adding with a big smile, "Especially where hes hitting it." Woods beat him 9 and 8, the most lopsided score in tournament history. But that was when Woods was No. 1 in the world. He is the No. 19 seed this week at Dove Mountain. That was when Woods was winning two majors a year. Now he hasnt won a tour event in more than two years. So when Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano, who faces Woods in the opening round Wednesday, said his opponent is "beatable," Woods didnt seem the least bit bothered. "I feel exactly the same way as he does," Woods said. "I feel hes beatable, too." Then again, that goes for all 64 players in the field for the first World Golf Championship of the year. The difference in talent at this level of golf is miniscule. Over 18 holes of match play, its even smaller. The best example might be Luke Donald, the defending champion and No. 1 player in the world. For his opening round, he gets to play Ernie Els, a three-time major champion and seven-time winner of the World Match Play Championship at Wentworth, where each match is contested over 36 holes. Not since the inaugural Match Play Championship in 1999 has No. 1 against No. 64 featured such big stars, when Woods beat Nick Faldo. Of course, theres a reason Els comes in as the No. 64 seed. The Big Easy hasnt won since the South African Open at the end of 2010, and he only got into this tournament because Phil Mickelson is taking a family vacation (Paul Casey later withdrew with injury). If his results dont improve quickly, he might be out of the Masters for the first time in nearly 20 years. Donald has had a slow start to the year. He tied for 48th in the Abu Dhabi Championship, and closed with a 78 at Riviera last week to tie for 56th, the first time in more than two years he didnt earn ranking points despite making the cut. Even so, hes coming off a year in which he won money titles on the PGA Tour and European Tour, and won a career-high four tournaments, starting with the Match Play Championship. Donald was so dominant at Dove Mountain last year that he never played the 18th hole all week in competition. "He had an unbelievable year last year, and becoming world No. 1. So hes got a lot going for him," Els said. "Its 18 holes, you know? Its not like Im the worst match-play player in the world, either. "I think I know what I need to do. Youve got to keep the ball in play. Youve got to keep it in play on every single hole, because hes going to be in every hole. "Its basically who can make the most putts and make the most birdies. So well take it from there." U.S. Open champion Rory McIlroy makes his PGA Tour debut this year by taking on George Coetzee, who is playing for the first time ever in America as a pro. Coetzee got in when Caseys shoulder injury from snowboarding was not fully healed. Lee Westwood is the No. [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-tony-gonzalez-jersey-un... Gonzalez Authentic Jersey. 3 seed and will play Nicolas Colsaerts of Belgium. Martin Kaymer, who lost in the championship match to Donald a year ago, is the No. 4 seed and opens with Greg Chalmers of Australia. Match Play is loaded with examples of those who play good rounds and lose to someone who made one more birdie, and guys who cant break par who are lucky enough to play someone even worse. Only twice has the No. 1 seed lost in the first round -- Woods in 2002 and Steve Stricker in 2010. Stricker, the fifth seed who opens against Kevin Na, is coming off a five-week break designed to keep his head fresh and build up strength in his left arm, a product of a neck injury. No one knows how long they will stay. The smart players dont even bother looking ahead in the bracket to see whom they might face in the next round. Ben Crane opens with Bubba Watson, interesting in that their caddies are sharing a room this week. One of them will be checking out Wednesday afternoon. "If you get on a roll and you play well, you can run the tables here," said Stricker, who did just that in 2001 as the No. 55 seed. "I dont think it really matters where you come from, to tell you the truth. Theyre all good players. There are 64 good players here, and they deserve to be here. Theyve shown that theyve played well over the last year to be within that top 64. So you need to play well, just because everybody is good." Woods is a three-time winner of the Match Play Championship, yet this is the first time he has not been among the top four seeds. He shared the lead at Abu Dhabi going into the final round and tied for third, and he was in the penultimate group at Pebble Beach, four shots out of the lead, when he played with Mickelson and shot 75. He is hitting the ball well. There are times when he is putting well. He is not yet winning. As for the "beatable" comment? Woods said such things used to motivate him "quite a bit" when he was younger. "But as Ive matured and gone beyond that, its just an opinion," the 36-year-old Woods said. "What matters is how I go out and play, and how Im progressing in my game. "At the end of the day when Im retired, I think Ill have mastered a pretty good record." Fernandez-Castano -- known as "Gonzo" by the European press -- won the Singapore Open last year for his fifth European Tour victory. This is his first appearance in the Match Play Championship. Even though Woods no longer is not top of the world, the Fernandez-Castano is approaching it the same way so many others have before, that he has nothing to lose. "Its a funny feeling because being 47th or 48th in the world ranking at the moment, you dont expect to be paired against Tiger Woods," he said. "But those things happen. Hes probably not at his best. And you have to look at it that way. Maybe its a good chance to play good. And maybe I can beat him. That would be a great feeling." "As I said before, Im the underdog. I have nothing to lose. And at the same time, I dont think hes at his best. So its a good opportunity. If I play well, I can beat him. I know I need to play good. Hes a great match-play player." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes