Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

yourself it doesnt hurt, it doesnt hu - Off Topic ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

yourself it doesnt hurt, it doesnt hu

Started by a123456, 2013/07/21 10:07PM
Latest post: 2013/07/21 10:07PM, Views: 486, Posts: 1
yourself it doesnt hurt, it doesnt hu
#1   2013/07/21 10:07PM
a123456
(Sports Network) - The surging Seattle Mariners aim for a seventh consecutive win and sweep of the Toronto Blue Jays on Wednesday when they face the red-hot Carlos Villanueva in the finale of a three-game set at Safeco Field. . The surprising Villanueva, making his first career start versus the Mariners, will try to stop the bleeding for Toronto on Wednesday. The right-hander is a perfect 6-0 on the season and is 4-0 with a 2.54 ERA in five games since joining the rotation in late June. "What he has shown is that he is going to keep the game under control," Farrell said. "He sets the tone. He throws strikes and is capable of making the key pitch." Jason Vargas tossed seven strong innings to lead the Mariners on Tuesday during a 7-2 victory in the middle test of the series. Aaron Laffey (2-2) gave up seven runs on nine hits and two walks over 4 2/3 innings for Toronto, which dropped its third consecutive game. Brett Lawrie supplied the offense for the Blue Jays with a two-run double in the third inning. "They (Mariners) did a good job stringing some hits together," Blue Jays manager John Farrell said. "Whether they were line drives or balls through the hole, they were able to bunch some hits together and once again we find ourselves down early in the game and it eliminates some of the aggressiveness we might otherwise look to use." Vargas (12-7) allowed just two runs on five hits and a walk to win his fifth straight start. "Its been great, definitely nice to go out there and see runs on the board early," said Vargas. "Its my job to keep it where its at and not give it up. Weve been scoring a lot lately and I hope we keep scoring." Dustin Ackley homered and knocked in three runs for the Mariners, who extended their season-high win streak to six games. Blake Beavan, another hot starter, will take the hill for the Ms. The big righty has won all three of his starts since being recalled from Triple-A Tacoma on July 17 and has given up just one run in each of his last two outings, including a 6-1 win over Kansas City last Friday. "Im pleased, but Im not satisfied," Beavan told Seattles website. "I want to keep building on each start and get back to where I need to be, which is competing and getting deep in the game and giving our guys a chance to win." Beavan is 0-1 with a 6.75 ERA in two starts against the Blue Jays. Toronto won two of three meetings with Seattle at home from April 27-29 this season and is 8-4 in the past 12 matchups between the clubs. [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/autographed-arthur-jones-jersey-gb-4... Jones Jersey . "We think he provides a ton of potential power for us," general manager Jed Hoyer said Saturday in announcing the deal. "We scouted him heavily. Its obviously a significant commitment for us but we feel like he fits in very well with what were trying to do. . The CFL club announced Wednesday that Meyer will be offensive co-ordinator while retaining responsibility of coaching one of the leagues best front fives. [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/autographed-joe-flacco-jersey-fe-30.... . Bob de Klerk leaves his post as first assistant coach to become the MLS franchises newly minted technical manager. The Dutchman will do everything from advance and international scouting, to being the bridge between the academy and the first team, and working one-on-one with young players. [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/autographed-ray-lewis-jersey-oz-47.h... Lewis Signed Jersey . Luck dropped back, then moved up to avoid pressure and buy time for a teammate to get open, tossed a short pass to Donnie Avery, and the receiver did the rest -- racing untouched for a 14-yard touchdown and giving the Colts a 35-33 comeback win over the Detroit Lions on Sunday. . This week they discussed the punishment for Brandon Isaac, the eventual expansion draft, and Kevin Glenns time remaining as the Stampeders starter.ASHBURN, Va. -- Late in the third quarter of Robert Griffin IIIs NFL debut, Washington Redskins long snapper Nick Sundberg grabbed the rookie quarterback on the sideline and made a request. "I know were rolling right now, but keep it up," Sundberg said he told Griffin. "Because I dont want to go out there for another punt." This wasnt a teammate simply urging the offence to score more points. Sundberg was in pain. Itll go down as the other remarkable performance in RG3s stellar first game. Sundberg broke his left arm in the first half and continued to play -- snapping the ball four times for punts, twice for field goals and twice for extra points in the second half of Washingtons 40-32 win over the New Orleans Saints on Sunday. "Weve got a story to tell to our kids and our grandkids, how we played with a guy who played a whole game with a broken arm," defensive tackle Barry Cofield said Monday. "Im going to remember both. RG3s going to come first, obviously, because thats what theyre going to ask me about, but when my grandson scrapes his knee, Ill tell him about the guy who played with a broken arm." Sundberg has been fitted with a cast thats bulky and restrictive, so he wont be able to play again for at least a few weeks. The Redskins will audition replacements Tuesday and will have to decide whether to keep the third-year veteran on the active roster or put hiim on injured reserve. [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/autographed-matt-elam-jersey-yl-100.... Elam Womens Jersey. Sundberg was hurt when his arm was squeezed between a helmet and a facemask during the punt that was blocked by the Saints and returned for a touchdown. He knew immediately what had happened because he broke the same bone in high school. The doctors on the sideline kept urging him to get an X-ray, but Sundberg instead kept asking for something to ease the pain so he could keep playing. "I think at the end of the day youve got to look at yourself and see what youre made of," Sundberg said. "It was terrible, but I felt like I really didnt have another option." Sundberg said he got hit on the broken arm a few more times during the game. Yes, it hurt. "Its one of those things youve kind of got to keep telling yourself it doesnt hurt, it doesnt hurt, it doesnt hurt," he said. "At some point, you convince yourself: Theres only a few more minutes left, only a couple more snaps, I can get through it, I can get through it." Then came that conversation with Griffin in the third quarter, which naturally caught the rookie off guard. "He was like, What do you mean?" Sundberg said. "Dude, my arm hurts so bad, and it hurts so much worse to throw punt snaps. I was like, Dont make us punt again. Then we kind of laughed about it, and I was like: Im serious. Hes like, Oh. No pressure rookie, but I dont want to punt again." - ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes