Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Ray Lewis Jersey[/url]. A - Off Topic Forum. - Co...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Ray Lewis Jersey[/url]. A

Started by a123456, 2013/07/21 03:39AM
Latest post: 2013/07/21 03:39AM, Views: 443, Posts: 1
Ray Lewis Jersey[/url]. A
#1   2013/07/21 03:39AM
a123456
ATLANTA -- Jeff Samardzijas splitter baffled the Atlanta Braves. . Again. Samardzija had a career-high 11 strikeouts, Luis Valbuena hit a tiebreaking three-run double in the seventh and the Chicago Cubs won 4-1 on Monday night. Samardzija (6-7) yielded one run and four hits in seven innings, rebounding from a rough June. The right-hander was 0-4 with a 12.27 ERA in his previous four starts, allowing a season-high nine runs during a 17-1 loss to the Mets on Wednesday. "Its about time, you know?" Samardzija said. "I just thought I took my time from pitch to pitch. I thought I made the right pitch selection based on the previous pitch." Samardzija began the night with a 5.05 ERA. But he also was sharp in his first start against Atlanta this season, tossing seven solid innings in a 5-1 victory at Wrigley Field on May 7. "Both times Ive faced him, hes had unbelievable stuff," Atlanta pitcher Tommy Hanson. "He throws hard and has that good split and starts throwing those sliders in there. Anytime youre mixing three pitches, its tough." Cubs manager Dale Sveum said the key for Samardzija was using his slider, splitter and fastball, allowing "a three-pitch pitcher to be a three-pitch pitcher." The splitter was the most devastating option. "There were a couple times he threw it four or five times in a row," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "And we had no chance on it. Especially left-handed hitters." Anthony Rizzo connected for Chicago, which has won four straight and six of seven. Rizzo, one of the Cubs top prospects, has two homers in six games since he was recalled on Tuesday. "The way were playing right now is exciting," Samardzija said. "Its solid all around." Samardzija said it may not be a coincidence that the Cubs surge has come since Rizzo joined the team. "It definitely hasnt hurt," Samardzija said. "Rizzos presence in our lineup has been big, a big left-handed hitter." Rizzo, who had two hits, is hitting .304. Jeff Russell pitched the ninth for his second save. Hanson (9-5) gave up four runs and seven hits in seven innings for his first loss since May 28. He went 4-0 with a 3.13 ERA in June. Hanson made it through seven innings for only the sixth time in 17 starts, but appeared to fade in his final inning. Bryan LaHair and Steve Clevenger started the seventh with singles, and Darwin Barney walked to load the bases. Valbuena, the No. 8 hitter who began the day with a .226 batting average, then doubled to right field for a 4-1 lead. "I wanted to throw a back-door slider right there and it kind of leaked over the middle," Hanson said. "I felt really good with my stuff. I was throwing strikes and getting ahead of guys. It just came down to that last inning." Rizzo hit Hansons first pitch of the fourth inning over the wall in left-centre for his second homer. Atlanta tied it in the sixth. With two outs, Michael Bourn doubled to left field and scored on Martin Prados single. The Braves only hit through five innings came with two outs in the second, when Dan Uggla, hustling all the way, beat out a grounder to shortstop Starlin Castro. Andrelton Simmons led off the Atlanta third with a walk, took second on his first career stolen base and advanced to third on a wild pitch by Samardzija. Hanson then struck out and Bourn lined into a double play. Barney made a diving stop on Simmons ground ball behind second base and threw him out in the eighth. The second baseman then went the other way to snag a sharply hit grounder by pinch-hitter Eric Hinske for the second out. NOTES: Cubs 3B Ian Stewart, who has been on the disabled list since June 12, will have surgery on his left wrist. Sveum said the date for the procedure has not been set. Stewart is batting .201 with five homers and 17 RBIs in 179 at-bats. ... Cubs RHP Ryan Dempster, who has been on the 15-day DL since June 18 with tightness in his right lat muscle, threw 40 pitches in the bullpen. Barring a setback, he plans to throw again in the bullpen on Wednesday. Sveum said he doesnt think Dempster will need a minor league rehab stint. ... Braves C Brian McCann, who was only 3 for 21 on the homestand before Monday night, was moved down to seventh in the batting order, the first time he has hit below sixth this season. McCann was 0 for 3 and is hitting only .224. ... The four-game series continues on Tuesday night with RHP Jair Jurrjens facing Cubs RHP Chris Volstad. ... Samardzijas previous high of nine strikeouts came on April 24 against St. Louis. [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/autographed-marshal-yanda-jersey-em-... Yanda Jersey . The Chicago White Sox look ready for the stretch run, with a big test coming in less than 24 hours. Peavy baffled Minnesota again, Dayan Viciedo and Dunn homered, and the White Sox beat the Twins 9-2 on Sunday. . PETERSBURG, Fla. [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/autographed-ray-lewis-jersey-oz-47.h... . -- Former CFL player and coach Joe Paopao has been named interim head coach of the Waterloo Warriors. [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/autographed-elvis-dumervil-jersey-eg... Dumervil Ravens Jersey . "After a year of thinking and good talk with my coaches and nutritionist, its time, my next fight will be at 170 Thanks for the support . . The Celtics decided to let LeBron James get his in Game 3 while double-teaming Dwyane Wade. Without the injured Chris Bosh in the lineup as a third option for the Heat, Doc Rivers plan enabled Boston to jump out to a sizeable lead and survive a late Miami push in a 101-91 win. OKLAHOMA CITY -- Toronto Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry had to be helped off the court after suffering an ankle sprain against Oklahoma City on Tuesday. Lowry twisted his right ankle after landing on Thunder forward-centre Serge Ibakas foot while going for a rebound in the second quarter. Lowry grimaced as he pounded the floor and had to keep his weight off the foot as he went to the locker-room. He did not return for the second half, and Toronto went on to llose 108-88. [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/autographed-ray-lewis-jersey-oz-47.h... Lewis Jersey. A Raptors team spokesman said Lowry was wearing a walking boot as a precaution, and that he would receive further treatment Wednesday. There is no timetable for his return. The 26-year-old is playing in his first season with the Raptors after being acquired in the off-season from the Houston Rockets. Lowry entered Torontos fourth game of the season averaging 23.7 points per game, 7.3 rebounds per game and seven assists per game. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes