Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ettman heard an appeal - Off Topic Forum. - Count...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ettman heard an appeal

Started by a123456, 2013/07/21 03:34AM
Latest post: 2013/07/21 03:34AM, Views: 396, Posts: 1
ettman heard an appeal
#1   2013/07/21 03:34AM
a123456
The National Hockey League and NHL Players Association have scheduled to meet in Toronto on Monday to finish off last seasons hockey-related revenue (HRR) numbers, including escrow payments for players. . Both sides are hopeful that negotiations on a new Collective Bargaining Agreement will resume following Mondays meeting. Most recently, NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly and the union were in Edmonton through Friday for a hearing with the Alberta Labour Board. The Players Association are trying to get the Labour Relations Board to declare the current lockout illegal. The current Collective Bargaining Agreement expired on Saturday night and the NHL owners subsequently locked out the players. A number of players, including Evgeni Malkin, Alexander Ovechkin, Rick Nash, Pavel Datsyuk and Ilya Kovalchuk have already signed contracts to play overseas until an agreement is reached. Its the NHLs fourth work stoppage in 20 years. [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/autographed-dennis-pitta-jersey-dh-9... Pitta Jersey . Yes, he was concerned that the treacherous conditions had left thousands stranded in traffic unable to watch the practice sessions for the British Grand Prix. But the McLaren driver believes the deluge may have given him the edge this weekend. . Machado hit his third homer in four major league games, Nick Markakis also connected, and Baltimore got four hitless innings from its bullpen in a 5-3 victory over the Kansas City Royals on Sunday. Mark Reynolds drove in the tiebreaking run in the sixth inning for the Orioles, who earned a split of the four-game series. [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/autographed-joe-flacco-jersey-fe-30.... . He believes the same approach will lead Canada to its first Olympic berth since 2000, and he expects his players to buy in for the long haul. Just two weeks after the London Olympics closed, Triano and his coaching staff were putting a promising roster of players through shooting drills Monday at the end of a five-day training camp designed to prepare Canada for the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Games. [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/autographed-jimmy-smith-jersey-zy-37... Smith Jersey . MORITZ, Switzerland -- Tina Maze of Slovenia won her third race of the season by finishing first in both runs of a World Cup super-combined event Friday to extend her lead in the overall standings. . The 25-year-old McCartney, in his third season with Calgary, had a team-high 23 special-teams tackles in 2012 and added six more in the playoffs.Months after Raffi Torres concussed Marian Hossa and 46 days after he appealed the 25-game suspension that followed, the Phoenix Coyotes forward was handed a 21-game sentence. NHL commissioner Gary Bettman deemed Torres hit to be worth four less games than disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan after an appeal. Bettman announced a 21-game ban for Torres on Monday, down from Shanahans original ruling of 25 games on April 21. It was an extremely rare move by the commissioner. One thing he and Shanahan agreed on was the dangerous nature of the play. "This type of on-ice conduct cannot and will not be tolerated in the National Hockey League," Bettman said in a statement. "We have seen similar behaviour before from Mr. Torres and, particularly given the leagues heightened scrutiny on hits to the head, I believe that a very significant penalty is warranted in this case. "We hope and expect that the severity of this incident, and the leagues response to it, will help prevent any similar incident from occurring in the future." Torres already served 13 games of the suspension during the playoffs. He still has to sit out the coming pre-season as well as eight regular-season games, which will cause him to forfeit US$170,731.68 in salary. However, it could have been worse. Hossa was taken off the ice on a strretcher April 17 after Torres left his feet to deliver a shoulder to Hossas head in Game 3 of the first-round series. [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/autographed-anthony-allen-jersey-wu-... Allen Jersey. . In making his original ruling, Shanahan pointed out that Torres had a long history of supplemental discipline and that he violated three NHL rules during the hit on Hossa: interference, charging and checking to the head. Torres reached out to the Blackhawks winger about a week after the incident occurred. "It was nice that he contacted me, but I told him that I was upset," Hossa said in May. "I said, I know we were playing that way, but the thing that upset me was the jump. If he didnt jump, maybe I would have still been hit hard, but it wouldnt have hit my head." Bettman heard an appeal from Torres and representatives from the NHL Players Association at the league offices on May 17 and took plenty of time before announcing the decision. The 21-game suspension matches the seventh-harshest penalty handed out in league history -- and it will leave Torres with next to no room for error when he returns to the ice. Beyond that, the incident shed some light on the NHLs disciplinary system. Bettman has the final call on every suspension appeal and its believed the NHLPA will seek changes to the process during negotiations on a new collective bargaining agreement this summer. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes