Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ions. The Tide has now beaten nine - Off Topic For...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ions. The Tide has now beaten nine

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/20 12:46AM
Latest post: 2013/07/20 12:46AM, Views: 409, Posts: 1
ions. The Tide has now beaten nine
#1   2013/07/20 12:46AM
fengzhu
HOCHFILZEN, Austria -- German biathlete Andreas Birnbacher shot flawlessly Friday to win a mens World Cup 10-kilometre sprint for his fifth career victory. Cheap NFL Authentic Jerseys . Birnbacher finished the Pillerseetal course in 25 minutes 31.1 seconds to finish 0.4 seconds ahead of defending overall champion Martin Fourcade of France, who missed one target. Jakov Fak of Slovenia missed once and was 13.7 seconds back in third place. Jean-Philippe Le Guellec of Quebec City finished 10th. It was his first sprint competition since becoming first Canadian male to win a World Cup biathlon event last week. Le Guellec posted a time of 26:05.1 after missing once in his final round of shooting. "It was another great day, but goes to show how much a miss can be costly. I just overcompensated for the wind a bit," Le Guellec said. "I was a little more nervous than usual heading into the race, but was able to focus without a problem once I passed the start gate. Im totally happy to follow up last weeks race with a top-10." Fourcade retained his lead in the overall standings with 205 points, ahead of Birnbacher with 164. Evgeny Ustyugov of Russia is third with 144 points. Reginas Scott Perras was 25th while Calgary;s Nathan Smith finished tied for 73rd. Darya Domracheva of Belarus won the womens 7.5-kilometre sprint, finishing in 22 minutes, 24.7 seconds to beat Kaisa Makarainen of Finland by 4.7 seconds. Both athletes missed one target. Tora Berger of Norway also missed once and was 12.9 seconds back in third. Berger leads the sprint and overall standings, ahead of Domracheva. Rosanna Crawford of Canmore, Alta., was 24th, Megan Imrie, of Falcon Lake, Man., was 56th, Megan Heinicke, of Prince George, B.C. was 57th and Zina Kocher, of Red Deer, Alta., was 73rd. The mens and womens pursuit races at the biathlon meet are on Saturday. -- With files from The Canadian Press. Cheap Jerseys China . No problem. Big comebacks are their specialty. Shannon Brown scored 14 of his 22 points in third quarter to bring Phoenix back, Jared Dudley had 20 points and the Suns added to their list of comebacks by beating the Sacramento Kings 101-90 Monday night. Cheap Jerseys USA . Gio Gonzalez followed Stephen Strasburgs strong effort a night earlier by pitching 6 1-3 effective innings to carry the Nationals to a 4-2 win over the Boston Red Sox on Saturday. http://herownblog.com/cheapnflje... . Lamaze, who won an equestrian gold medal in at the 2008 Beijing Games, plans to skip the remainder of the season with an eye on a return in 2013. [url=http://herownblog.com/cheapnfljerseys.html]Cheap Jerseys Sale ., despite the recent firing of one of their coaches. Igor Shpilband, who had coached Virtue and Moir in Michigan alongside Marina Zoueva for the past eight years, announced earlier this week hed been fired. Cheap Jerseys .A. Dickeys best season yet ended with a no-decision and some surprising news: Hell have surgery Oct. TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- No. 1 Alabama got everything but the shutout. AJ McCarron threw three touchdown passes, including an early 85-yarder to Kenny Bell, and the Crimson Tide routed Florida Atlantic 40-7 on Saturday. Eddie Lacy rushed for 106 yards in the first half for the Tide (4-0), which rolled to 134 consecutive points and two shutouts before allowing a touchdown in the final minutes. "We try to pride ourselves always on people not scoring on our defence," Alabama cornerback Dee Milliner said. "We try to get zero and have no one score on us. Thats a big accomplishment for us. They got in, at the end, one touchdown, but we still had a great game." The Owls (1-3) managed only one first down through three quarters and were outgained 503-110 in total yards. They were coming off a 56-20 loss to another Southeastern Conference power, No. 5 Georgia. Florida Atlantic coach Carl Pelini called Alabama "as physical a team as there is out there." "Thats not Georgia we faced today, thats Alabama -- its very different, "Pelini said. "Different scheme-wise. I think theyre more physical than Georgia. You know, I dont compare teams but theyre just different. They play differently. They pressure more than Georgia did. Theyre physical in their man coverage." This one was even more one-sided for the 50-point underdogs. McCarron was 15-of-25 passing for 212 yards before leaving midway through the third quarter. The 85-yarder came 1:42 into the game and is tied for the fifth-longest touchdown pass in Tide history. The only suspense late was whether Alabama could complete a third straight shutout for the first time since Bear Bryants unbeaten 1966 team. Alabama ran its shutout streak to 192 minutes, 25 seconds dating back to the third quarter of the opener against Michigan, but thats as far as it got. Graham Wilbert hit Alex Deleon for a 6-yard touchdown with 2:49 left, silencing the remaining fans hoping for three shutouts in a row. It took 8 minutes, 24 seconds, 15 plays and two fourth-down conversions to reach the end zone on the drive. An unsportsmanlike conduct flag against Alabamas bench for stepping too far onto the field two plays before the score showed how badly the Tide wanted to keep the goose eggs flowing. The Owls had just 41 total yards and one first down through three quarters before finally moving the ball across midfield on the final drive. Wilbert was 7-of-13 passing for 34 yards -- 23 on the cosmetic scoring drive. Earlier, Jesse Williams had blocked a field goal attempt to preserve the shutout attempt. "They played reallyy well, we just started slow," Wilbert said. Cheap Jerseys Online. "It was just tough to get things going the first half and we just did a terrible job coming out. We didnt have a lot of energy." Alabamas backup, Blake Sims, had one completion, a 35-yarder to freshman Cyrus Jones. Fellow freshman T.J. Yeldon ran 10 times for 63 yards and a third newcomer, Kenyan Drake, scored on an 8-yard run for Alabamas final points early in the fourth. The kickers, maligned at times last season, were perfect. Alabama did just about everything it wanted in the first half -- except, at times, punch it into the end zone. The Tide led 30-0 with three field goals, including a career-best 52-yarder by Cade Foster. He added a 46-yarder in the second half while Jeremy Shelley had kicks of 26 and 30 yards in the second quarter. The Tide dominated 353-23 in total yards in the half and started in a big way. On Alabamas third play, McCarron hit Bell on a short crossing route. Bell got away from one defender and sprinted by himself down the sideline for the 85-yarder on his only reception. "It was a great touchdown," Bell said. "I felt like it was time for me to make a big play to get the offence going. When AJ saw me, he threw it to me, threw a pass to me then I just had to use my legs to get to the touchdown." Then DeAndrew White barely managed to get his foot down inbounds at the back of the end zone for a 4-yard touchdown catch and McCarron hit Christion Jones for another 4-yarder with 8 seconds left in the half. Alabama converted a fourth-and-1 to avoid settling for another kick. Alabama scored on its first seven drives, not counting a fumbled punt return that was one of the few real mistakes. It was a different story from a 35-0 win over another Sun Belt team, Western Kentucky, two weeks ago when coach Nick Saban griped that his players werent focused enough on the game. This time he tried to keep attention internally, trying to aim for the lofty standard hes set for the defending national champions. The Tide has now beaten nine of its last 17 opponents by at least 30 points, including last weeks 52-0 win at Arkansas. "I was much more pleased with the way we competed in the game," Saban said. "Just the way we approached the game, the way we competed in the game, and we got to play a lot of players. I think those things are going to benefit us down the road, and even though they drove the ball, we actually probably played a little bit better this week than last week. You know, they didnt score last week. They couldve scored, but they didnt." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes