Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

erspoon-jersey-po-29.html]Sean We - Off Topic Foru...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

erspoon-jersey-po-29.html]Sean We

Started by a123456, 2013/07/20 12:38AM
Latest post: 2013/07/20 12:38AM, Views: 399, Posts: 1
erspoon-jersey-po-29.html]Sean We
#1   2013/07/20 12:38AM
a123456
Martha McCabe began dreaming of her first Olympic final long before she even attended her first day of school -- her blond, curly locks bouncing past her family cottage as she raced her siblings to a make-shift finish line. . But as she addressed the media on Thursday evening, in the moments after her oft-dreamed of race, tears began to spill down the Canadian swimmers cheeks. "Coming into tonight, I thought, Theres nothing to lose here. The first 50 metres, just go," McCabe said. But things had not gone to plan. Despite swimming her fastest time of the year, McCabe had fallen short, finishing fifth in the womens 200-metre breaststroke. One of Canadas podium hopefuls ahead of these Games, McCabe got a taste for winning at the 2011 World Championships, where she finished third. When she remembers standing on the podium following that race, her memories are crystal clear. "I was just so happy -- it was weird, but it was awesome," she said. "I was looking at my family to my left and my team was straight ahead, so it was pretty cool." Trying to recreate that moment in Londons Aquatics Centre on Thursday evening, McCabe, 23, was the fourth-fastest swimmer off the blocks. But by her first turn, she had already dropped to sixth place. She rallied hard over the final 50 metres, but the Canadian swimmers deficit was simply too much to overcome. McCabe touched the wall in two minutes, 23.16 seconds. It was 1.65 seconds faster than her bronze-medal world championship time, but it was not fast enough. Rebecca Soni, the brightest swimmer in the pool in a hot pink swimsuit, set a world record time of 2:19.59 to finish first. Japans Satomi Suzuki took silver in 2:20.72 while Iuliia Efimova of Russia was third in 2:20.72. "Its another learning experience," McCabe said. "Im upset right now just because I was dreaming of a medal. I put my heart into this, so it means a lot. "Its not a podium finish like I was hoping." Where McCabe was left crushed, however, her American rival was buoyant. In an Olympic competition that has been largely dominated by young swimmers, Soni was the first 2008 Olympic swimming champion to defend her title. "Im so happy, I didnt try to focus on medals or records, I just wanted to swim one more race the way I knew I could," she said. The world record was Sonis second in the event in as many nights, after she swam 2:20.00 in Wednesdays semi-final to lower the mark that had been set by Canadian Annamay Pierse in 2009. "Its been my goal since I was a little kid to swim under 2:20," Soni said, adding that her coach once told her she would be the first woman to accomplish the deed. "Ive been chasing it ever since and Im so happy." [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-robert-alford-jersey-bp... Alford Womens Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. . Torontos victory seemed almost beside the point after the night Steve Delabar and Moises Sierra had. Delabar struck out a club-record four batters in a single inning, while Sierra hit the first home run of his major-league career in an extra-innings 3-2 win over the Chicago White Sox. [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-brett-favre-jersey-jj-2... . Olesen, who won his maiden title at the Sicilian Open in April, hit four birdies for a 4-under 68 and was 16 under overall. Karlberg improved to 13 under with a 66 thanks to four birdies on his last six holes. "I didnt hit the ball as well I did the first two days . [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-jason-snelling-jersey-p... Snelling Jersey .Y. -- Kyle Williams has taken the next big step forward on a surgically repaired left foot. .ca NFL Editor Justin Boone runs down the top waiver wire pickups with a focus on the coming week and the rest of the season.INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indianapolis Colts hope head coach Chuck Pagano will be back on the sideline next week. While no official announcement has been made by the team, interim coach Bruce Arians and others have pegged the Dec. 30 regular-season finale against Houston as Paganos possible return date. He has not been on the sideline since late September after starting the first of three rounds of chemotherapy in his battle against leeukemia. [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-sean-weatherspoon-jerse... Weatherspoon Womens Jersey. Players, assistant coaches and team officials are eagerly anticipating Paganos return, which could come as early as Monday. Arians said this week that Pagano "felt great" and "looked good" and his white blood-cell counts were good -- all indications he could be return next week. On Wednesday, he referred to Paganos possible return as a nice "Christmas present." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes