Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

okie quarterbacks show. "I was impressed with that...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

okie quarterbacks show. "I was impressed with that." The Eagles were impressed with Coope

Started by a123456, 2013/07/16 02:28AM
Latest post: 2013/07/16 02:28AM, Views: 451, Posts: 1
okie quarterbacks show. "I was impressed with that." The Eagles were i...
#1   2013/07/16 02:28AM
a123456
Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry Fraser wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn. Rob Gronkowski Women Jersey .ca! Hi Kerry, great career in the NHL realms, how well do you know college hockey rules? I was watching a college hockey game on NBC Sports Network on Feb. 3, and the puck crossed the line, but was not seen by the officials, as play continued down the ice, a player was called for a high sticking infraction, blood was drawn, so it was a four-minute penalty. At that point, they reviewed the missed goal, and determined the puck had crossed the line. The goal was awarded to the scoring team, the clock was turned back to the time the puck crossed the line, but the penalty was not taken away. The player still sat for four minutes, serving the high sticking penalty. I was under the impression that if the goal was counted and the clock turned back, anything that happened after that point in time was erased. Please if you can, clarify the rule and how it differs from the NHL rule. Tim Kern Hi Tim: I am very familiar with the college rules. My former colleague, Paul Stewart is the Referee-in-Chief of the ECAC mens and womens officiating staff. Since my retirement from the NHL I have been assisting Paul with some coaching and supervision of his officiating crew whenever I have time. "Stew-Cat" is doing a great job in elevating the quality of officiating in that Division 1 College League. I have also joined NBC Sports as a hockey analyst with Pierre McGuire and our outstanding show host Bill Patrick on the College Game of the Week broadcast every Friday night. The NCAA is consistent with the NHL rule to allow relief of one minor penalty following the scoring of a goal. In the case you described, once it was determined through video review that an undetected goal had been scored the clock would be reset to the time that the puck entered the net. Any penalties that resulted during that period would be assessed and served in the normal fashion. The "normal fashion" would mean that if a single minor penalty was to be assessed against the team that was scored upon then that penalty would be eliminated by virtue of the scoring of the goal. If the team scored upon was already serving a minor penalty on the clock, the remaining penalty time would come off the clock and new two minute penalty would appear on the clock. In the event that a double minor for high sticking is to be assessed and a goal results on the ensuing play, one of the minor penalties (of the double minor) is eliminated and two minutes would appear on the penalty time clock. The same principle applies; a team is allowed relief for only one minor penalty (to be assessed or being served) after being scored upon. In the college game that you were watching, unless the team scored upon was already serving a minor penalty at the time of the goal, four minutes being put on the clock was done in error. Two minutes only should have appeared following the video review and resulting goal. Keep enjoying the speed and skill being demonstrated by many future NHL players currently playing in the U.S. College ranks Tim. I know I am! Sebastia... Vollmer Limited Jersey . -- Ashley Wagner knows theres a lot of pressure on her to help return American women to the top of the international scene. Matthew Slater Elite Jersey . -- Phil Varone scored the winning goal and the Rochester Americans spoiled Hamiltons first home game in 29 days with a 3-1 win over the Bulldogs in American Hockey League action Saturday. http://www.pa... .C., Barbara Jardin of Montreal and Audrey Lacroix of Pont-Rouge, Que. [url=http://www.patriotsofficialteamstore.com/rob-gronkowski-jersey/]Rob Gronkowski Red Jersey . Gonzalez was signed to a minor league deal in early May. After making one appearances with Triple-A Syracuse, the Nationals felt the left-hander was ready to contribute in the big leagues and selected his contract from Syracuse on Sunday. Tavon Wilson Jersey .Y. -- A person familiar with discussions has told The Associated Press that the Buffalo Bills and potential free-agent receiver Stevie Johnson have exchanged contract offers and plan to meet again at the NFL combine in Indianapolis next week. PHILADELPHIA -- Nick Foles officially remained No. 2 on the depth chart, even as he talked like a starter. Facing a crush of media in front of his locker, Foles sounded every bit like the Philadelphia Eagles quarterback who will make his first career start Sunday at Washington, not an injured Michael Vick. "Im ready," Foles said after running the first team Wednesday. "Im excited to just play again. Like I said before, my prayers are with Mike, I just want Mike to be healthy. But its my time to go out there and just play and do everything I can for this team and help in any way possible." Vicks status atop the depth chart is a mere formality. He did not practice or even come to the Eagles practice facility again Wednesday as he recovers from a significant concussion suffered in last weeks loss to Dallas. His headaches are subsiding, for now, but the veteran still needs to complete the mandated concussion testing this week. Foles, a third-round draft pick out of Arizona, ran the offence in front of A-list actor Bradley Cooper and remained confident he can help the Eagles end their miserable five-game losing streak. "Im going to do my job right now until he gets healthy," Foles said. Because Vick had not started his concussion testing, he has not officially been ruled out of Sundays game. Coach Andy Reid declined to say when Vicks status would change. Reid, however, did add Vick had improved. "Michaels in a good place," Reid said. "Hes hurting a little bit from the concussion, but hes in a good place. I havent tried to overburden him right now." Vick suffered a concussion after consecutive punishing hits in the second quarter of a 38-23 loss to the Dallas Cowboys Foles was 22 of 32 for 219 yards with a touchdown and an interception in relief of Vick. Those numbers werent enough to help the Eagles avoid their fifth straight loss, a first in coach Reids 14 seasons. Reid also discussed Foles as if hed start against fellow rookie QB, Robert Griffin III. Philadelphia and Washington, both 3-6, are tied for last place in the NFC East. "Hes going to handle it like hes going," Reid said of Foles. "Whether he does or not, well see how that works out." Vick was diagnosed with a significant concussion and told to stay home and rest. Tommy Kelly Patriots Jersey Elite. Reid stressed several times on Monday just how badly Vick was hurt. Asked if he expected Vick to play again this season, Reid said, "I think so. Weve just to see. I dont know that. He hasnt done any of the tests so far." Reid said head trainer Rick Burkholder would discuss Vicks condition later this week. Foles was quick to credit Vick as a mentor and an inspiration on the field. "Ive learned a lot from him and the guys a tough dude," Foles said. "One of the toughest guys Ive ever seen. He gets hit, he gets right back up. He gets hit, he gets right back up and he keeps firing." Vick got up every time for another snap except the one time he didnt -- and now Foles is poised to prove hes the right guy for the job Sunday ... and the future. With little to play for this season, the time could be right anyway for Foles to take over and see if he can start to prove hes the QB of the future. Vick struggled most of this season and is no longer the dynamic playmaker he was in Atlanta and early in his Eagles tenure. Foles performance down the stretch could be a factor in evaluating if Reid deserves to return for a 15th season, though that appears a long shot. "I have a lot of confidence in him," Reid said. "Thats why I brought him here." Wide receiver Jeremy Maclin, who will play after suffering a strained back against Dallas, said the team believed in Foles. Unlike some teams, like the New York Jets this week, there is strong support for the backup quarterback. "He can throw the ball in places, put the ball in certain places, not most guys can do in this league," Maclin said. "When he got into the preseason, the poise that he showed, its not what most rookie quarterbacks show. "I was impressed with that." The Eagles were impressed with Cooper, star of "The Hangover," who mingled with players and posed for pictures before practice. Cooper was at the facility as part of a promotional tour for his new movie, "The Silver Linings Playbook." Cooper, raised in northeast Philadelphia, plays an Eagles fan in the film -- one who surely wouldnt love this disaster of a season. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes