Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

e fighters coming up and taking these big fights."...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

e fighters coming up and taking these big fights." Tom

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/14 11:00PM
Latest post: 2013/07/14 11:00PM, Views: 509, Posts: 1
e fighters coming up and taking these big fights." Tom
#1   2013/07/14 11:00PM
fengzhu
Flushing Meadows, NY (Sports Network) - Andy Murray is once again in position to capture his first career Grand Slam title after rallying from a set down to beat Tomas Berdych in the U. Colin Kaepernick Autographed Jersey .S. Open semifinals. Murray, though, wont know his opponent in the final until Sunday, as the second semifinal between reigning champion Novak Djokovic and David Ferrer was suspended because of weather in the New York area. Ferrer had opened a 5-2 lead in the first set when play was stopped. The match will resume on Sunday morning at 11am et/8am pt (streamed live on TSN.ca), and the final will take place on Monday. It will be the fifth straight Monday finish for the men at Flushing Meadows. Rain delayed the start of play Saturday for more than an hour, and with more inclement weather in the forecast, officials quickly decided to postpone the womens final -- scheduled for Saturday night -- until Sunday at 4:30pm et/1:30pm pt (TSN, TSN.ca). Murray beat the weather and Berdych, claiming a 5-7, 6-2, 6-1, 7-6 (9-7) victory on Saturday to earn a place in a Grand Slam final for the fifth time in his career. He has yet to win one, however. The Scotsman reached the 2008 U.S. Open title match and lost to Roger Federer, then fell to the Swiss superstar in the 2009 Australian Open final before also dropping the 2010 Aussie Open finale to Djokovic. Federer beat him again for the Wimbledon crown back in July, but Murray finally won a big title just a few weeks later when he denied the 17-time Grand Slam champion of a gold medal at the London Olympics. Now, another chance for Grand Slam glory. Winds were strong at Arthur Ashe Stadium on Saturday and Murray appeared to struggle early. "It was brutal to play in that wind," Murray said after the match. "The ball was sometimes stopping, moving the other way, and it was hard to serve, so the focus wasnt really on going for aces, just getting the first serve in. Those are probably the hardest conditions Ive ever had to play in." Despite picking up the first break of the match for a 2-1 lead, Murray gave it right back in the next game. The set remained on serve until the 12th game, when Berdych won three of the first four points. He squandered the first set point with a forehand into the net, but blasted a forehand winner on the next. Berdych captured the opening set despite 19 unforced errors, two fewer than he had in his four-set upset win over Federer in the quarterfinals. Murray then made adjustments and had little trouble over the next two sets. He broke serve twice in the second and three times in the third while never facing a break point. Each player broke once in a tight fourth set and Berdych was on the verge of forcing a fifth after racing out to a 3-0 lead in the tiebreak. Murray battled back and squared it at 5-5. A Berdych forehand error set up a match point at 7-6 for Murray, but the Czech quickly followed with an ace. Berdych then drilled a pair of forehands long on the ensuing two points to give Murray the match. Berdych finished the match with a whopping 64 unforced errors, compared to just 20 for Murray. It marked the best U.S. Open finish for Berdych, who previously had been only as far as the fourth round three times. 49ers Jerseys . He knew it was gone, and it wasnt just any homer for Headley, the switch-hitting slugger whos having a breakout season for the San Diego Padres. Headley hit a grand slam to extend his career-bests to 27 homers and an NL-high 102 RBIs, and Carlos Quentin followed with a homer for San Diegos first back-to-back shots this season as the Padres beat the Arizona Diamondbacks 8-2 Sunday. Authentic 49ers Jerseys . The way the NL East leading Nationals having been winning tight games late, opponents probably wish all their contests could be called early. During the now completed 10-game home stand, the Nationals won eight games with five coming by a single run, two in extra innings. http://49ersjerseys.ucigreeks.com/ . -- The long wait is over for the Shawinigan Cataractes. Aldon Smith Womens Jersey . From the video, it looked like OBrien stated the obvious to Brady on the sideline and the quarterback reacted as opposed to accepting the obvious criticism. I counted five different people that had to intervene at different moments so it did not escalate into something really stupid. 49ers Signed Jerseys . Then he did it. Danks hit his first major league homer in the bottom of the ninth and the Chicago White Sox overcame a three-run deficit to beat the Oakland Athletics 4-3 on Friday night.CALGARY -- Urijah Faber was not expected to headline injury-marred UFC 149 in Calgary, but he is vowing to give disappointed fans their moneys worth. Faber (26-5-0) will meet Renan Barao (30-1-0 with one no contest) for the interim bantamweight title as UFC comes to Alberta for the first time. The fight came about after champion Dominick Cruz was sidelined for the year with a knee injury. Then injuries to other fighters prompted a venue shift to the Saddledome from Las Vegas. "I dont feel pressure, because I know Im going to deliver," Faber said Thursday during a conference call. "Ive never had a dull fight in my life. Ive watched Barao. Baraos the type of fighter that will always have an exciting fight. Were going to go in there and try to think each other out from the get-go." Faber, a 33-year-old Isla Vista, Calif., native, will get his first UFC title shot on a card that has been completely overhauled. All of the originally-scheduled fights were scrapped because of injuries. Faber, whose nickname is the California Kid, was slated to meet Barao last month in Las Vegas, a site the American preferred. But looking back, he called the extra time to prepare "a breath of fresh air." While Faber has received most of the hype surrounding the fight, Barao, a 25-year-old Brazilian, enters the bout on a 29-fight unbeaten streak. Barao also vowed to put on a good performance for disgruntled fans. "I want to show them all that I have," said the Portuguese-speaking Barao through an interpreter. "I want to put on my best fight, and I want to leave there victorious." Fans have expressed their outrage at the revised match schedule, which will have six Canadians on the undercard. Following the changes to the event whhich quickly sold out, many fans -- a number of whom have spent thousands to travel to Calgary from Saskatchewan and other locales -- posted their tickets for sale on various websites. Aldon Smith Signed Jersey. Others vented their frustrations on Twitter. UFC president Dana White said the injuries to the original combatants forced unprecedented challenges for his organization. "This is the craziest card of all time," said White. But he contended that no spectator will have cause for complaint by the time the show is over. "The people who got stung in this thing were a lot of scalpers," said White. "Thats who got stung. I can tell you this right now, if youre a UFC fan and you bought a ticket to Calgary, youre going to get exactly what youve paid for." He said the title fight has important future title implications while several hopefuls are vying for a shot to become champion. The revised card is also a testament to UFCs ability to deliver quality fights. "If this was a boxing card, this card would have been postponed," said White. "It would have been gone. We built another card. This is not just about putting a fight together, but the fighters coming up and taking these big fights." Tom Wright, the former Canadian Football League commissioner who serves as UFCs director of Canadian operations, said the homegrown talent on display will also add to the excitement. Among the Canadian fighters, relative newcomer James Head (8-2-0) of Mississauga, Ont., will take on veteran Brian Ebersole (50-14-1) of La Porte, Ind. Despite the fans questions about the revised cards quality, there is no doubt UFC will return to Calgary in the future. "I can assure you: Well be back to Calgary," said Wright. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes