Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ong pitched seven innings and didnt w - Off Topic ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ong pitched seven innings and didnt w

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/14 12:02AM
Latest post: 2013/07/14 12:02AM, Views: 464, Posts: 1
ong pitched seven innings and didnt w
#1   2013/07/14 12:02AM
fengzhu
STOUFFVILLE, Ont. -- Victorias Jim Rutledge shot a competitive course record 7-under 65 Wednesday and took an early lead at the PGA Seniors Championship of Canada at Emerald Hills Golf Club. Rutledge, who won the championship in 2010, had five birdies and an eagle in his impressive first round. "I got out of the box pretty early, birding three and four, and eagling five. Then I had a long stretch of pars before I managed to convert a few more coming in," Rutledge said. "Its the type of golf course that you need to place yourself off the tee -- whether its three-irons or three-woods off the tee -- get in a good spot in the fairway and then stay below the hole." Norm Jarvis of Prince Albert,Sask., and Winnipegs Dan Halldorson are tied for second at 2-under 70. "Its the type of course where you dont hit woods because of the angles and firmness of the fairways," Halldorson said. Wholesale Jerseys Cheap . The Alouettes took the lead in the first half and held on for a 28-17 win over Drew Willy and the Saskatchewan Roughriders on a flag-filled afternoon at Percival Molson Stadium on Sunday. Wholesale Jerseys For Cheap . "It might take a little while to get used to the angle," said Scutaro, who has not played third since he was with Oakland in 2008. "The angle is different off the bat. You just try to catch the ball. http://herownblog.com/wholes... . President John Schuerholz announced the moves Friday, a week after the Braves were eliminated from the playoffs. Wren took over from Schuerholz as the Braves GM after the 2007 season. [url=http://herownblog.com/wholesale-jerseys-cheap/]Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping . PETERSBURG, Fla. Wholesale Jerseys From China . The general manager, however, understands things certainly need to be tweaked after another early playoff exit.SAN FRANCISCO -- Manager Dale Sveum is quickly tiring of the mental mistakes that are costing the Chicago Cubs in close games. This time, in the teams 11th straight road loss, the culprit was shortstop Starlin Castro. The Cubs missed chances against Ryan Vogelsong and lost 3-2 Monday to get swept by the San Francisco Giants, dropping the four games by a combined five total runs. Leading by one with the bases loaded and one out in the fifth, Cubs starter Jeff Samardzija induced a groundball by Brandon Crawford. Second baseman Darwin Barney flipped the ball to shortstop Castro at second, but he didnt attempt a throw to first and instead began trotting toward the dugout believing the inning was over. "That kind of thing cant happen because its very embarrassing for me, my teammates, the manager, everybody," Castro said. The Giants tied it on that play. "Its something thats obviously unacceptable at any time," Sveum said. "Whether we could have turned the double play or not is irrelevant to not knowing how many outs there are in the most important part of the game. These things have got to stop happening or hes going to stop playing. These kind of things are things that my son does in high school maybe." Vogelsong won his fourth straight decision after Buster Posey scored the go-ahead run on a double-play groundball by Joaquin Arias in the seventh inning. San Franciscos starters have gone seven straight games pitching seven or more innings while allowing two or fewer runs, just the second time it has been done since the franchise came West in 1958. Giants pitchers accomplished the feat in nine consecutive games from July 1-10, 1988, according to STATS LLC. In this series, Madison Bumgarner, Matt Cain and Barry Zito had won before Vogelsongs impressive performance on a rare wraparound getaway game on a Monday. "You dont want to be the weak link," Vogelsong said. "Three games like that, I dont want to be the guy who doesnt come through. Its a tough act to follow those three guys, those three outings." Crawford hit an RBI double and drove in another run on a fielders choice to back Vogelsong (4-2), helping the Giants to their season-best fourth straight victory. San Francisco (31-24) moved a season-best seven games over .500. The Giants began the day trailing NL West-leading Los Angeles by three games. The Dodgers had a night game at Philadelphia. Cubs reliever Carlos Marmol (0-2) was hit with a line drive on Angel Pagans infield single in the seventh buut stayed in the game after being checked out, then walked Brandon Belt on four pitches to load the bases for Arias.dddddddddddd Pagan singled in the fifth for a 28-game home hitting streak, the longest in franchise history since 1900. He tipped his batting helmet and clapped his hands at first base in appreciation following a warm ovation from the sellout crowd of 41,524 on a day that began with sporadic rain in the early innings after the tarp came off late morning. The Giants completed the clubs first sweep of the season in its fifth try -- the games decided by five total runs. San Francisco pulled off its first four-game sweep of Chicago since June 17-20, 1999, at Candlestick Park. "Pitching was just outstanding," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "We scratched and clawed for the runs we got. These games could have gone either way." Samardzija matched his season high with five walks while striking out six in five innings. The right-hander allowed seven hits and two runs but has only one win in his last five outings. "Their whole lineup made me work," he said. "I need to be in the zone early in the count. Its kind of a broken record when I have outings like this." Pinch-hitter Adrian Cardenas hit a one-out double for Chicago in the seventh for his fifth major league hit -- all of them doubles -- but the Cubs couldnt avoid an 11th straight loss away from Wrigley Field. Its their longest road skid since the 1954 team lost 11 in a row from June 18-29. Chicago also lost a one-run game for the 10th straight time. Vogelsong allowed four straight singles and five total in the second, including consecutive run-scoring hits by Steve Clevenger and Samardzija. After leadoff man Tony Campanas single, Vogelsong received a mound visit from pitching coach Dave Righetti before fielding Castros grounder and throwing him out on a close play at first. Vogelsong pitched seven innings and didnt walk a batter for the first time this season. Jeremy Affeldt recorded the final six outs for his first save in his first chance, getting a leaping catch from second baseman Ryan Theriot on Clevengers high liner to end it. "That was definitely the best all-around stuff Ive had," Vogelsong said. Notes: Sveum is a former hitting coach, so the offensive woes have been tough. "You take things like this personally," he said. "Ive lost sleep over it. You take pride in a lot of things, and thats one of them."... The Cubs assigned outright RHP Michael Bowden to Triple-A Iowa. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes