Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ld on appeal in August, Conte saaid that he w - Of...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ld on appeal in August, Conte saaid that he w

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/08 06:44AM
Latest post: 2013/07/08 06:44AM, Views: 481, Posts: 1
ld on appeal in August, Conte saaid that he w
#1   2013/07/08 06:44AM
fengzhu
LOS ANGELES -- The Dodgers blockbuster trade that put Josh Beckett in the rotation finally paid its first dividend. Beckett pitched 6 2-3 strong innings for his first win since being acquired from Boston a week ago and Andre Ethier hit a tiebreaking home run in the sixth inning of a 2-1 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Saturday night. "Its all about executing. Theres been a couple of hiccups," said Beckett, who was iced from the top of his right shoulder down to his hand after the game, when he got squirted on the field with a hose wielded by Aaron Harang. Beckett dropped his first start after the Aug. 25 trade, a 10-0 loss at Colorado last Monday. This time, he allowed one run and six hits, struck out nine and walked one to end a career-high five-game losing streak that began on July 20, when he was still with Boston. "I have the same stuff I did last year when I had probably the best year of my career," he said. Beckett credited catcher A.J. Ellis game plan for helping him win. "I dont know these guys that well," he said. The Dodgers snapped an eight-game skid against their NL West rival, leaving the Diamondbacks 6-2 at Dodger Stadium this season. The Dodgers have dropped five of eight since the blockbuster trade that brought them Beckett, Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto. The franchise took on about $275 million in salary in an attempt to make the playoffs for the first time in three years. Gonzalez is struggling, going 0 for 4 on Saturday. Punto is 1 for 5 on the homestand and Crawford wont play this season after undergoing Tommy John surgery. "Were trying to get to know one another," said Beckett, noting hes always been the one welcoming new teammates and not the one being traded. His first week in Los Angeles has involved making 50-minute drives to the ballpark in the citys notorious traffic from a friends home where his wife and young daughter are living during the transition. Los Angeles trails San Francisco for the NL West lead by 4 1/2 games and is 1 1/2 games behind St. Louis for the second NL wild card. "Its nice to be in the middle of that in September," said Beckett, having left a Boston team that has scuffled all season for one that has a chance to make the playoffs. "We got to figure out some way to win some series. We got some tough ones coming up against the Giants. I kind of need to read up on where everybody is at." Beckett left the game after giving up a single to Ryan Wheeler. "I was hoping I was coming out after the seventh, but I made a dumb pitch to their third baseman," he said. "I shook A.J. off." Beckett helped the Dodgers avoid their longest losing streak to the Diamondbacks, who had won six straight at Dodger Stadium. "I really wasnt that uneasy," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said about Becketts initial struggles. "Ive never really seen him just pitch bad. His stuff is pretty consistent every time out." Brandon League pitched the ninth to earn his first save since joining the Dodgers on July 30. Ethiers 15th homer to the opposite field off Matt Albers (0-1) with two outs in the sixth put the Dodgers ahead for good. The Dodgers threatened in the eighth, but Justin Upton caught Matt Kemps fly ball in right field and his throw to the plate was on the mark. Catcher Miguel Montero held on after Shane Victorino plowed him over and knocked his mask off in a hard collision. Victorino had walked, stole second and continued to third on Monteros throwing error. "As soon as the ball came into my glove, it was like, boom. ... I didnt think he was going to hit me that hard," Montero said. "I got a little bit dizzy at the moment." The Diamondbacks tied it in the third on Uptons homer that travelled an estimated 432 feet over the back wall in the Dodgers left-field bullpen. Hanley Ramirez put the Dodgers in front in the second with his 23rd homer and 83rd RBI off Tyler Skaggs, who at 21 is the youngest pitcher in the majors. The left-hander from Santa Monica gave up five hits in five innings, struck out three and walked one in his third major league start and first on the road. "I made one mistake and it seems to happen every outing," Skaggs said. "I wanted to throw go outside with that pitch, and it ran right down the middle and he hit it out. A solo home run wont hurt you too much, but today it did." NOTES: The Dodgers recalled C Tim Federowicz and RHP Javy Guerra and selected the contract of RHP John Ely from Triple-A Albuquerque. To make room on the 40-man roster, OF Alfredo Silverio was transferred to the 60-day DL. ... The Diamondbacks reinstated INF Willie Bloomquist, RHP Josh Collmenter and RHP Takashi Saito from 15-day DL; recalled C Konrad Schmidt from Triple-A Reno, selected contract of OF Tyler Graham from Reno, activated INF Cody Ransom and transferred RHP Daniel Hudson from 15-day to 60-day DL. ... Dodgers owner Mark Walter brought two of his three dogs to "Bark in the Park." Boo, a rescue black Labrador and pit bull mix, and Sophie, a mini dachshund, each wore team gear and watched the game from his box behind the plate. Wholesale Hockey Jerseys .J. Green. No Brandon London. Wholesale NHL Jerseys . Canada takes on Sweden in the second of two pre-tournament games after falling to Finland 3-2 in their pre-tournament opener. http://www.wholesalesportsjersey... .25 million contract with the Ottawa Senators. Latendresse, 25, spent the past three seasons with the Minnesota Wild. [url=http://www.wholesalesportsjerseysshop.com/]Hockey Jerseys China . Lawyers for former players say more than 80 pending lawsuits are consolidated in the "master complaint" filed Thursday in Philadelphia. Plaintiffs hope to hold the NFL responsible for the care of players suffering from dementia, Alzheimers disease and other neurological conditions. Jerseys China Cheap . Armstrong resigned from the board of directors for Livestrong on Nov. 4. He had resigned Oct. 17 as chairman from the charity he founded but had kept a seat on the board. The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency ordered Armstrong banned from the sport for life and stripped of his titles.ROME -- Juventus and coach Antonio Conte have each been fined C25,000 ($31,000) for the managers criticism of Italys sports justice system after being banned for match-fixing. The Italian football federations disciplinary committee announced the fines Wednesday. When Contes 10-month ban was upheld on appeal in August, Conte saaid that he was being made a scapegoat and that there was a judge who had something personal against him.dddddddddddd Last month, a national sports arbitration court reduced Contes ban by six months, meaning he can return Dec. 8. The ban stems from wrongdoing when Conte coached Siena in Serie B two seasons ago. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes