Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Steele -- both CFL rookies -- as his replacement. ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Steele -- both CFL rookies -- as his replacement. Norwood w

Started by wff0605, 2015/10/22 08:44AM
Latest post: 2015/10/22 08:44AM, Views: 230, Posts: 1
Steele -- both CFL rookies -- as his replacement. Norwood w
#1   2015/10/22 08:44AM
wff0605
HOUSTON - Sarah Kaufman fought valiantly in her UFC debut but ultimately came up short and suffered a razor-thin split-decision loss to fellow promotional newcomer Jessica Eye. The womens bantamweight fight took place on the preliminary card of Saturdays "UFC 166: Velasquez vs. dos Santos III" event, at Houstons Toyota Center. "Im a little disappointed because I thought the fight went my way," Kaufman said post fight. "The first round was close, but I felt I started to pull away in the second and tried to finish her in the third when I could see I had wobbled her. We put on a great fight for the fans, and I see this as a small bump in the road on my goal to hopefully become the UFC champion." Kaufman engaged with the smaller Eye from the opening bell, working both at range and in the clinch with heavy punches and the occasional knee to the belly. To her credit, Eye moved laterally and laced a stiff jab, working hard to stay away from her opponent and avoid eating counterstrikes. The strategy worked early on, and her punches battered and bruised Kaufmans right eye, which began to close in the second frame. Kaufman seemed to settle into her rhythm as the fight wore on, and she found her opponents chin more frequently. After a close second round, Kaufman did her best work in the third, and a stiff right hand wobbled Eye and saw her left eye instantly swell. Eye hung on until the final bell, and both women instantly raised their arms in celebration. "I think I did great the first two rounds. I think I stopped and let her get the third round. I dropped my hands and let her get that round," said Eye. "I hate it. I knew better than that and will do better next time, but I feel great." As it turned out, only Eye (11-1) had the right to enjoy the moment, as she was awarded a split-decision win that drew boos from crowd, he seemed to feel Kaufman (16-3) had done enough to take home the victory. Despite Kaufman winning the striking battle, 87-65 according to a FightMetric report, Eye earned the win with scores of 29-28, 28-29 and 29-28. "I feel unbelievable," Eye said after the win. "People say that its an amazing feeling. I cant even describe how I feel right now." Kaufman, a native of Victoria, B.C., is a former Strikeforce womens bantamweight champion who fought eight time for the now-shuttered promotion. She earned the title with a February 2010 win over Takayo Hashi and defended it once before ceding the belt to Marloes Coenen in October 2010. Kaufman also owns Strikeforce wins over onetime UFC title challenger Liz Carmouche and current "The Ultimate Fighter 18" coach Miesha Tate. Kaufman had ben expected to make her UFC debut in August, when she was scheduled to face Sara McMann at "UFC Fight Night: Condit vs. Kampmann 2." However, McMann was forced to withdraw from the card one week before the event, and a replacement opponent could not be secured in time. Cheap New England Patriots Jersey . LOUIS -- Attorneys for the St. Cheap NFL Jerseys China .Y. -- Leading 3-0 with only 11:25 left, the Colorado Avalanche committed a seemingly meaningless penalty to give the New York Islanders a power play. http://www.cheapjerseysmarts.us/ ., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., took sixth spot on Saturday in pairs at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. Cheap NFL Jerseys .ca! Hi Kerry, Heres an interesting one. I know its common knowledge that all players are responsible for their sticks. We witnessed that when Zack Kassian hit Edmontons Sam Gagner in the face after a missed check. Cheap Denver Broncos Jersey .com) - The Calgary Flames aim to bounce back from their first regulation home loss of the campaign on Friday night when they host a Detroit Red Wings club that they swept in three meetings a season ago.TORONTO -- The 2013 season is quickly becoming one to forget for Chad Kackert. The Toronto Argonauts running back hurt his left ankle during the teams practice Friday afternoon at Rogers Centre. The extent of the injury wasnt immediately known but certainly leaves questions regarding the third-year players availability Nov. 17 when the Argos host either Hamilton or Montreal in the East Division final. Argos head coach Scott Milanovich didnt sound overly optimistic when discussing the injury. "We dont think it was a minor injury," he said. "From what I saw, it was just kind of a freak deal. "It looked like he was kind of slipping through the line of scrimmage and I dont know that even if anyone touched him. You be as careful as you can but sometimes you cant avoid things." Kackert, the MVP of Torontos Grey Cup victory last November against Calgary, has missed time this season with knee and shoulder injuries as well as a concussion. However, the five-foot-eight, 206-pound Kackert was Torontos leading rusher this season, running for 480 yards on 71 carries (6.8-yard average) with three touchdowns. The formeer New Hampshire star added 23 catches for 184 yards and a TD.dddddddddddd Kackert enjoyed his best season with Toronto last year, rushing for 638 yards on 100 carries with five TDs. He was named the Grey Cup MVP after running for 133 yards on 20 carries and adding 62 yards receiving on eight catches in the Argos 35-22 win over Calgary at Rogers Centre. Kackert re-signed with Toronto in the off-season. If Kackert is unable to play Nov. 17, the Argos would look to either Jerious Norwood or Curtis Steele -- both CFL rookies -- as his replacement. Norwood was Torontos second-leading rusher this year with 342 yards on 58 carries (5.9-yard average) with one touchdown. Steele ran for 187 yards on 39 carries (4.8-yard average) with three TDs this season. "If we were to lose him, I think the guys understand this is football and this type of thing happens," Milanovich said. "They will rally around Jerious and Curtis or whoever is in there. "Fortunately all those guys have played and played in meaningful games. If Chads not able to go well be sorry for him but well move on and try to win for him." NFL Jerseys Cheap China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes