Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

e storm. I did not allow t - Off Topic Forum. - C...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

e storm. I did not allow t

Started by wff0605, 2015/05/05 02:29AM
Latest post: 2018/06/25 05:14AM, Views: 899, Posts: 112
1 2 3 4 ... 6 next »
#1   2015/05/05 02:29AM
wff0605
TORONTO - Colby Rasmus was removed from the Blue Jays starting lineup about two hours before game-time due to general soreness. He says its not related to the strained oblique muscle, from which he returned on Friday after missing 29 games. "Im just a little sore," said Rasmus. "Trying to watch myself a little bit; I hadnt played in a month. Woke up today a little sore and I thought itd be best not to push myself through it and be smart about it." Rasmus is 3-6 with two home runs in two games since his return. His two-run homer in the seventh inning on Saturday turned out to be the game-winner. Not considered serious, Rasmus says he woke up and his legs felt tired. Hes erring on the side of caution. "Im not 22 anymore," said Rasmus. "Knowing that, Im just trying to make sure that I keep myself healthy and Im able to finish strong. Obviously, I want to play today but woke up a little sore this morning so I kind of pulled the reins back to make sure Im able to do that." Rasmus suggested going a month without playing and returning on the artificial turf contributed to the pain. "No comment," Rasmus joked, when prompted to endorse a switch to natural grass in the Rogers Centre. Per... Riley Jersey . Standing within a few feet were two Royals baserunners, two umpires, a Kansas City coach and several teammates screaming at him. ... Portis Jersey . In 55 games with the QMJHLs Halifax Mooseheads last season, Fucale recorded 45 wins, five losses and three overtime losses, leading the league in wins. htt... . Jim Thome twisting his body, trying to coax a liner to kick up chalk. Those tricky calls arent being farmed out to technology quite yet. [url=http://www.jerseysredskinsshop.com/Womens-Pierre-Garcon-Authentic-Jersey/]P... Garcon Redskins Jersey . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status. Art Monk Womens Jersey . Pittsburgh outlasted a pitcher whose career has outlasted the life of McCutchen. McCutchen had three RBIs, Casey McGehee drove in the go-ahead run with an eighth-inning single and the Pirates scored four runs off the Colorado bullpen to beat the Rockies 5-4 on a chilly Tuesday night.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca! Hi Kerry, I was wondering what influence, if any, the home team fans can have on the on-ice officials? If a referee misses or blows a call, but its not missed by the other 18,000 refs in the arena and lets the referee know about it by booing and such, does that impact any future calls or how the game is further officiated? Does the name calling and heckling by the fans get under your skin or just fall on deaf ears? Always looking forward to your column, Stephen Lee Stephen, In theory the objective of every sports official is to remain focused and in the moment, regardless of mistakes that have been made. Dwelling on a missed/wrong call or to be intimidated by the fallout from players, coaches and of course, the fans is a recipe for a ref to compromise his integrity and/or commit further errors. It is best to keep all mental thoughts in perpetual motion to allow your brain to function in the moment. A missed opportunity is one youll never get back. A makeup call diminishes any credibility and respect that every official works so hard to achieve. In practice however, we must recognize that refs arent mechanical robots but human beings with feelings, emotions and individualized character traits. These traits are developed over a lifetime but especially during the early formative years. Positive and negative elements of an individuals personal makeup and self-worth are brought into the arena every game and will often dictate how an official responds in stressful situations. One of the most basic human instincts is a desire to be loved; okay maybe way over the top here but how about a need to be liked, appreciated and accepted? If we can agree on that premise then, now place yourself as a referee in front of 20,000 out-of-control hockey fans chanting in unison "Ref, You SUCK," throwing debris at you and threatening your personal safety. How would that make you feel? More importantly, how would you respond? Would you have the courage and personal strength to stand tall in the face of adversity or would you give in to the pressure and alter your judgment in their favor? The flip side is, if you possessed a combative nature, stubbornness and/or arrogance as dominant traits, you just might stick it to someone! What Im really saying here is that the response and action taken by an official when hes pushed to the wall results from his unique internal makeup. All referees will rely on their strengths (skating, judgment, positioning, communication skills etc.) but I found it was most important to recognize my personal deficiencies and keep them in check. I never lacked courage but I recognized very early in my career that positive trait could quickly erode to a stubborn Ill show you attitude that was very counterproductive once my authority was challenged. I have observed a potential infraction and, as the information was being sifted through my brain, the crowd reaction beat my switch to pull the trigger, giving the impression that the crowd made the call.dddddddddddd We have all witnessed situations (or been involved in them) when the ref has been jolted to a better sense of awareness as a result of the crowd reaction. Whenever the ref raises his arm, the call should be scrutinized based on its merit and not through the reaction time it took for the referee to make it. I saw old-school referee Wally Harris (excellent ref and great guy) call an infraction that happened behind his back when he caught the reflection of the play in the glass. It was a legitimate infraction but unorthodox in Wallys detection method. Nothing ever phased Wally. A game was held up for over 20 minutes in the Boston Garden to clear debris from the ice that was thrown at this courageous ref. While I experience many emotionally charged moments from fan vitriol, allow me to share one unusual incident. It resulted from ejecting Blackhawks coach Orval Tessier from a game in the Chicago Stadium just prior to him being terminated and replaced by Bob Pulford Feb. 4, 1984. Tessier was feeling intense pressure with speculation of his imminent termination. His players were still smarting from the coachs public suggestion they required heart transplants from the Mayo Clinic. The comment backfired and their ongoing play reflected a seeming lack of interest. When Mt. Orval erupted to incur the game ejection, Hawk fans (21,000 strong) started throwing everything that wasnt nailed down. I was their intended target and the ice became a sea of debris. A chair even flew over the glass from the high-priced seats. I took safe refuge underneath the big clock above centre ice. Coach Tessier walked across the ice to make his way to the Hawks dressing room and slipped as he kicked at a popcorn box in his path. My mouth was dry as sawdust and the blood felt like it had drained from my entire body, causing numbness in my extremities as shock and awe rained down from the rafters in the Madhouse on Madison. My emotions were raw. I felt vulnerable and alone as Hawk fans did their very best to inflict some form of retribution against me. Moral support then came to me from the most unusual of places. Captain Doug Wilson and alternate captain Bob Murray skated up to me. I was expecting additional protests to be lodged against me by the two captains. Instead, they thanked me for ejecting their coach and expressed a wish that I had done so earlier in the game! I thank them sincerely for the support they provided but suggested they should move away since the three of us made a bigger target and I feared for their personal safety. When the fans had nothing left to throw, the rink attendants filled wheelbarrows with the trash and the game resumed without further incident. Buoyed in part with the support I had received from the Hawks captains, in addition to my personal character traits, I weathered the storm. I did not allow the fans to dictate what I called moving forward in that game. After all, they had nothing left to throw at me! cheap jerseys cheap nfl jerseys ' ' '

#2   2018/06/25 04:53AM
valgas
oa1937[url=http://cottagenet.ru]oa1937[/url...

#3   2018/06/25 04:53AM
valgas
oa1937oa1937

#4   2018/06/25 04:53AM
valgas
oa1937oa1937

#5   2018/06/25 04:54AM
valgas
oa1937oa1937

#6   2018/06/25 04:54AM
valgas
oa1937oa1937

#7   2018/06/25 04:54AM
valgas
oa1937oa1937

#8   2018/06/25 04:54AM
valgas
oa1937[url=http://laserpulse.ru]oa1937[/ur...

#9   2018/06/25 04:54AM
valgas
oa1937[url=http://latrinesergeant.ru]oa1937[/url...

#10   2018/06/25 04:55AM
valgas
oa1937oa1937

#11   2018/06/25 04:55AM
valgas
oa1937oa1937

#12   2018/06/25 04:55AM
valgas
oa1937oa1937

#13   2018/06/25 04:55AM
valgas
oa1937[url=http://magnetotelluricfield.ru]o...

#14   2018/06/25 04:55AM
valgas
oa1937oa1937

#15   2018/06/25 04:56AM
valgas
oa1937[url=http://managerialstaff.ru]oa1937[/...

#16   2018/06/25 04:56AM
valgas
oa1937[url=http://manualchoke.ru]oa1937[/u...

#17   2018/06/25 04:56AM
valgas
oa1937[url=http://naphtheneseries.ru]oa1937[...

#18   2018/06/25 04:56AM
valgas
oa1937[url=http://nationalcensus.ru]oa1937[/u...

#19   2018/06/25 04:56AM
valgas
oa1937oa1937

#20   2018/06/25 04:57AM
valgas
oa1937[url=http://necroticcaries.ru]oa1937[/url...

1 2 3 4 ... 6 next »

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes